May I have my IP ban lifted?
May I have some help, please? I need this ban lifted so I can participate. I promise I won't cause any trouble.
Ban ID 9380
Ban Level 2
Ban type Hard_Bounce (because Yahoo blows goat balls and has terrible customer service)
Edit: Went on a tour of the site while waiting and found some helpful info that should facilitate things after reading some other threads of banned people needing help. I apparently did make a XarisD account waaaaaaaaaaayyyyy back when and completely forgot its password and everything. It explains why I made this one I'm on now. The other two XDelekhans can go to bit afterlife at your leisure. So can XarisD. I'm using this account and only this account, so if I screw up then I screw up. They're just taking up space in your database and that's not necessary.
The 98.xxx.xxx.xxx IP is the one that needs ban clearing. I know it's probably Captain Obvious of me, but I just want to make sure it's not a point of confusion. Once that's gone we're in business!
Thanks in advance if you choose to unshackle me from my own stupidity. I won't make the same mistake again.
(curious reader? read more below)
The story:
How this all started is I panicked around a year or so ago when I came onto Konghack after being away for a long time. The points system had been put in place and I got ticked and dropped before I ever knew what was going on. So I took the quiz, content to just go along with it... and failed. I took the statement of my account being deleted as legitimate and tried to make a new account. However, it was on that day Yahoo decided it was going to be a dick to me and hard bounce the registration email, never bothering to tell me that my backup email had been discontinued. So... it's my fault, really. I trusted Yahoo after not logging into Konghack for months, and had hoped I could make a new account just to find the answers I needed to pass the quiz thinking "I'll just try again, maybe they're just joshing me about that deleted stuff." And as a result I got noosed by a ban filter.
I spent the next eight months or so waiting patiently for the complaint request forms I sent to be answered... or a sign from the Flying Spaghetti Monster... or.. something.
I'd almost given up hope on ever getting back into Konghack, but the redemption email I had in my inbox made me try one more time. Naturally I couldn't use it because of the IP ban, so I thought for a while with Josh on the "You are Banned!" screen trying to tell me for 20 minutes that no one gives a shit. I've been married twice and shot at on nearly a dozen occasions, so it was only a little obnoxious at most until I deactivated the embeded video. That's when I got the idea to try logging in with my phone. Almost worked (the login window wasn't cooperative on my Galaxy Pro), but at least I was able to get my password reset. Then I decided to go out on a limb and try to use my phone as a hotspot. After tethering my Android I was able to circumvent the IP Ban, and after researching quiz answers through as much accessible forum digging as I could find, and one lucky guess, I am redeemed enough to reach the forums to beg for help. So this is my note in a bottle, my SOS. Help an old Joe out, if you'd be so kind?
Why am I bothering to tell the story? Fuck if I know. Maybe I just want to be on record for having gone through all this because of Yahoo's bad PR. Maybe I might never get this opportunity again so I want to give it my best shot while I have the chance. Or maybe I'm trying to make up for having never posted or commented before, and want to get some points so I won't be dropped again any time soon in the event the ban is lifted so I can have an honest go at things. I've always liked this place because I learned how to use Cheat Engine here. I'd like to be able to hang out for a while, maybe do some reviews or something. Been on Kong since 2008 and got plenty to say, and their comment section sucks for reviewing.