Skip to content
[Help]

Cant even open installer

14 posts

Cant even open installer

Posted Mar 16, 2016 11:58 pm

Every time I download the KHUT installer .application it wont even being to run.
I click it / double click the installer but nothing happens afterwards.

RE: Cant even open installer

Posted Mar 17, 2016 12:37 am

Thanks for the info but I already tried the above, google did not help me so far.
I changed it to an exe file with no luck. Thanks for taking the time to post though. If you want to do teamviewer im ok with it.
 

RE: Cant even open installer

Posted Mar 17, 2016 1:56 am

Teamviewer has been running like shit on Linux since v11.  Besides, I don't like doing remote tech support for random people.

That aside, a .application file is NOT an executable.  It's more or less XML that tells Windows what to do.  If nothing happens when you try to open it, either you're missing something that should be installed, or your PC is just fucked.


Everything's coming up KongHack!

"When you know nothing matters, the universe is yours" ~Rick Sanchez

RE: Cant even open installer

Posted Mar 17, 2016 4:26 am

iirc, the easiest fix is to uninstall the .net runtimes using the control panel and then reinstalling them
for windows 7 x64 the download link is 
web installer: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=671729
offline installer: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=671744

that should do the business

 

I use this AoB tool to make all the AoBs I post. Try the online version if you dont feel like downloading it.
"Obviously, windows are central to Windows. They are so important that they named the operating system after them. But what is a window?"

RE: Cant even open installer

Posted Mar 17, 2016 7:47 am

thats a wierd one that i havent fully wrapped my brains around. it comes up from time to time but i cant reproduce it
My guess would be that you dont have the right vc++ redist installed. for your pc I believe you need vcredist_x64 available here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

PLEASE DO THIS FIRST IF YOU ARE GOING TO DO IT
could you do me a big favor? paste the following text into the windows command prompt. the command prompt must be run as an administrator
wmic /output:c:\redistList.txt product where "Caption like '%Visual%C++%'" get name,version

It will take a few minutes to run (wait until you can type again) and should generate a text document called "redistList.txt" on your C:\ drive that will have contents similar to this 

Name                                                            Version         
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x64 9.0.30729.4148  9.0.30729.4148  
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010  x64 Redistributable - 10.0.40219     10.0.40219      
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x64)                 8.0.61000       
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010  x86 Redistributable - 10.0.40219     10.0.40219      
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable                       8.0.59193       
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x64 9.0.30729       9.0.30729       
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x64 9.0.30729.6161  9.0.30729.6161  
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.6161  9.0.30729.6161  
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x64)                 8.0.59192       
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable                       8.0.56336       
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable                       8.0.61001       
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.4148  9.0.30729.4148  
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.17    9.0.30729       

just paste the contents of redistlist.txt here please. 

I use this AoB tool to make all the AoBs I post. Try the online version if you dont feel like downloading it.
"Obviously, windows are central to Windows. They are so important that they named the operating system after them. But what is a window?"

RE: Cant even open installer

Posted Mar 18, 2016 8:30 pm

Name                                                           Version     
Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 x64 Additional Runtime - 14.0.23026  14.0.23026  
Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 x64 Minimum Runtime - 14.0.23026     14.0.23026  
Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 x86 Minimum Runtime - 14.0.23026     14.0.23026  
Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 x86 Additional Runtime - 14.0.23026  14.0.23026  

 

RE: Cant even open installer

Posted Mar 18, 2016 9:37 pm

okay so yeah, if you could try using the trainer again after installing the vcredist 2013 linked above, it should work. i hope. its pretty much the only thing i can think of.

I use this AoB tool to make all the AoBs I post. Try the online version if you dont feel like downloading it.
"Obviously, windows are central to Windows. They are so important that they named the operating system after them. But what is a window?"