Skip to content
[Information]

Speed hack no longer works on Firefox ?

15 posts

Speed hack no longer works on Firefox ?

Posted Aug 26, 2017 9:10 pm

Was playing a game and speed hack worked perfect. FF said screw you we're gonna randomly update FF. It did and speed hack no longer worked. I uninstalled newest FF and went to 2-3 versions prior and speed hack once again worked.  I'm curious if other ppl have the same issue and if so why is it not working now . 

RE: Speed hack no longer works on Firefox ?

Posted Aug 26, 2017 11:07 pm

I had the same thing, it failed on FireFox but I did get speedhack to work on Chrome today.
I thought it was just that one game, or maybe a Flash problem.

I did have to "allow" Flash suddenly today to play anything.
And on another game when I go to another tab and come back the game is dead until I reload.
So it does seem like FF is to blame.

RE: Speed hack no longer works on Firefox ?

Posted Oct 6, 2017 8:33 am

Maybe check your flash sandbox level?

Open a new FF tab, enter

about:config

and search for 

dom.ipc.plugins.sandbox-level.flash

see if reducing its value does the trick, as it is setting the level of restriction for the sandbox.

As a side note, for chrome you can do it by running it from command line with:

chrome --no-sandbox

RE: Speed hack no longer works on Firefox ?

Posted Nov 26, 2017 1:10 pm

Select process plugin-container.exe for firefox in process list after loading the game in firefox flash plugin and then apply speed hack, it should work.  

RE: Speed hack no longer works on Firefox ?

Posted Feb 1, 2018 9:38 pm

Happened the same on firefox 58. cant inject in firefox.exe, plugin-container.exe...
I tried to speedhack on waterfox browser same process plugin-container.exe  and everything is working fine.

RE: Speed hack no longer works on Firefox ?

Posted Feb 6, 2018 7:24 pm
vvvdude Posted on: 02/01/2018 4:38pm

Happened the same on firefox 58. cant inject in firefox.exe, plugin-container.exe...
I tried to speedhack on waterfox browser same process plugin-container.exe  and everything is working fine.



Yeah when firefox went quantum aka v57+ and copied/borrowed *coughcough*nocopy*coughwheeze*right*coughhaaachoo* they not only curn stomped the add-on extension community but also most of the features that were backwards compatible. So in platimnum quote from angry joe "YOU DONE F****** IT UP" or as i say it *YOU NINETAILED YOU OWN B-GRADE HIND* its better to stick with chrome for the moment or opera.

Atleast in chrome the inbuilt task manager can be used to note down the decimal process number and convert it to hexadecimal and then apply away whatever CE or other 3rd party tools/trainers you want to use on your browser.

RE: Speed hack no longer works on Firefox ?

Posted Oct 12, 2018 4:17 am

I am currently having this issue with both firefox and chrome

Not just speedhacking, but most searches as well (I did get AOB to work on a few games but no speedhack at the same time, and other search did not function)

This is a constant problem and has been going on for a while - I'm not sure what the cause is - tried reinstalling CE and firefox/chrome

RE: Speed hack no longer works on Firefox ?

Posted Oct 13, 2018 1:52 am

its because firefox is now chromium based, and speedhack has had a long history of not working at all with chrome due to its virtualization/sandbox'ing.

speedhack still works fine for almost every program, but if you want speedhack to work on your browser then your best bet is to install a really old version of firefox as shown above, or possibly try it with another browser like Opera.

RE: Speed hack no longer works on Firefox ?

Posted Oct 14, 2018 2:35 am

I've moved away from Firefox for years now, I've been using Waterfox and I haven't had problems with speedhacking, so in case you're loking for a Firefox-experience but still with legacy feeling (Addons) and full hacking capabilities, I'd suggest it.

No number of hacks, good or bad, can replace Common Sense.
If you don't know how to use a hack, don't complain about them. Ask first, then complain.
In case you'd like me to update one of my hacks, please PM me, I'll bother updating them...
We don't bitetoo much.
In case you're lost, make sure you check both "101" and the "Konghack Wiki".

RE: Speed hack no longer works on Firefox ?

Posted Jan 25, 2019 11:39 pm
Cybafish20 Posted on: 10/12/2018 12:17am

I am currently having this issue with both firefox and chrome

Not just speedhacking, but most searches as well (I did get AOB to work on a few games but no speedhack at the same time, and other search did not function)

This is a constant problem and has been going on for a while - I'm not sure what the cause is - tried reinstalling CE and firefox/chrome



I've noticed that some games on chrome will be under subframe (under your Kongregate tab) as konggames.com - hope that helps!