Passwords Wiped
All passwords have been reset and the miminum length is now 16 characters. Use a phrase people.
~TiM
Everything's coming up KongHack!
"When you know nothing matters, the universe is yours" ~Rick Sanchez
Use the forgot password if you'd like back in
38 posts
All passwords have been reset and the miminum length is now 16 characters. Use a phrase people.
~TiM
Everything's coming up KongHack!
"When you know nothing matters, the universe is yours" ~Rick Sanchez
Every time I reset my password, it still told me my password was wiped when I attempted to log in. I did this multiple times and the same thing kept happening, so I had to create a new account as a result.
When you reset your password, you get an email and have to click a link.
Did you do that?
Everything's coming up KongHack!
"When you know nothing matters, the universe is yours" ~Rick Sanchez
I had to make a new account just to jump on here and add that I too am having that problem. I've reset the password to my ACTUAL account, three times now, and each time I try to log in afterward it still tells my my password's been wiped and will need to go through the reset process. Now, if you're saying there should be two emails when resetting the password, the one to get to the reset form, and one after reset was successful, no, I didn't get a second email, but I did get the first email and completed the process successfully.
I wouldn't be bothering so hard, except that I still have a lot of credits left on that account that I want to be able to use.
Make sure your password is 16 characters in length.
I made sure to try it out on my account before wiping all passwords. We've already had hundreds of accounts come back online.
Everything's coming up KongHack!
"When you know nothing matters, the universe is yours" ~Rick Sanchez
The form doesn't let you submit successfully if the password isn't 16 characters long. Obviously it's long enough.
Hey no need to be rude, we're troubleshooting one step at a time.
Flash .sol locations
Chrome: \AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Pepper Data\Shockwave Flash\WritableRoot\#SharedObjects\
Normal: \AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects
The form doesn't let you submit successfully if the password isn't 16 characters long. Obviously it's long enough.
Now is not the time to be a dick. I've banned around 100 accounts in the past 24-48hrs.
Everything's coming up KongHack!
"When you know nothing matters, the universe is yours" ~Rick Sanchez
man this is annoying.
trying to see how many active users?
Ayy was worried I got banned for a second.
Good to see it was just a reset. I needed to update my pass anyways :)
man this is annoying.
trying to see how many active users?
Nope, just some overly aggressive script kiddies.
Everything's coming up KongHack!
"When you know nothing matters, the universe is yours" ~Rick Sanchez
Sorry, it's just that I've never been a fan of assuming a high level of ignorance from people you're troubleshooting for, even though sometimes it can be necessary. However, I had already established that the reset process was "apparently" completed successfully. Asking a question for a step or two back in the process isn't effective troubleshooting.
Sorry to bother but i have the exact same problem, my account, Nuriell, keep getting the message that my password is wiped and i need to run the forgot password.
I resetted my password, clicked the link that come to my mail, selected a new password of more than 16 characters and it say all is ok and i can login.
Unluckily when i try to login it still say my password is wiped out.
I made a try with a password of more than 16 characters, of exactly 16 characters with simple plain text and of 16 mixed characters like145PDfnj__4398vz and nothing, my password still not reset correctly.
I also made a try with different browsers, PaleMoon, Firefox and Internet Explorer, nothing work.
What i have to do now?
I have no problem on keeping this account, i will make a donation to get the extra benefits and go on but in the main i have a decent amount of codes and i don't really like to lose control over them.
Okay, I finally invented a password that was more than 16 characters because I don't believe in doing the bare minimum. I double plus oned it, just be sure. So we've got some overly aggressive script-kiddies that have been trying to take over the site or accounts or what? Last I checked KongHack doesn't do anything to provoke attackers, so someone apparently must think that you're n00bs or something. That's clearly not the case, and now they've inconvenienced me by making me think for just a moment that my account was deleted or that KongHack has been taken off the Internet.
I trust you have this well in hand. I am now going to plan for 16+ variations of this new password I've created so that it doesn't be such a bother should it require changing in the near future. In the meantime, thanks for still doing what you do and keeping this alive. Love this place, hope it'll always be around.
Has it be done with what Bill Burr said about the fact, that the true strong password is a weird sentence ?
Damn I thought there was a bug/hack, thanks for the fear/anger. ![]()