Skip to content
[Request]

Squid Ink

Idle game with squids

This discussion is linked to Squid Ink. View game

21 posts

RE: Squid Ink

Posted Oct 9, 2017 5:32 am

http://www.kongregate.com/games/LollygagGames/squid-ink

Always provide a link to the game you're requesting. Also, good to suggest what hacks you'd like to see.

Edit: Game is Unity, I'm out.

Flash .sol locations
Chrome: \AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Pepper Data\Shockwave Flash\WritableRoot\#SharedObjects\
Normal: \AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects

RE: Squid Ink

Posted Oct 13, 2017 4:35 pm

Treasure chest contents are double. There are 2 things, Shells, and those grey plus-sign tihings. Oncve you have 1E50 or so grey plus sign things, you can buy pearl things and shells. This does not refer to the red boxes you get on the bottom right, just the treasure chests

Anyone able to provide more information about how this works? I'm scanning for double values based on the last reward from treasure chests and I can find a value which appears to match, but changing it and locking the value doesn't appear to do anything. Have I found the wrong value or am I missing something?

RE: Squid Ink

Posted Oct 15, 2017 4:45 am

I reset my game and did it once more. Here's some better steps: 
 
Grab your first treasure chest, scan for the Shell value (double)

Grab the second chest, scan for this value

Once more should get you the value.
 
right click the value, select Browse this Memory region 
 
Right click on the area at the bottom of the screen, and select Display Type -> Double

You'll see the shell value, and the next one to the right is your Doubloons.

I'd recommend setting both to 1E250 then accept the treasure chest reward

atdt *67

RE: Squid Ink

Posted Oct 15, 2017 1:46 pm

I found where I was going wrong! There's two values for the doubloons - one that shows up before you click the chest, another that only appears when you actually click on it. I'd been finding the first value, rather than the second. Using the "Browse memory region" enabled me to find the second value, just a few lines down.

Many thanks!

RE: Squid Ink

Posted Oct 17, 2017 2:52 pm

I just cant get this to work.  What am I doing wrong.  I have Windows 10 with a 64 bit processor.  My Cheat Engine has 3 options to use.  I have Cheat Engine, Cheat Engine (32 bit) and Cheat Engine (64) bit.  I am playing Squid Ink on Kongregate and I feel like no matter what I try I can't get hacks to work.  Please help

RE: Squid Ink

Posted Oct 19, 2017 1:18 pm
Bhurk7 Posted on: 10/17/2017 10:52am

I just cant get this to work.  What am I doing wrong.  I have Windows 10 with a 64 bit processor.  My Cheat Engine has 3 options to use.  I have Cheat Engine, Cheat Engine (32 bit) and Cheat Engine (64) bit.  I am playing Squid Ink on Kongregate and I feel like no matter what I try I can't get hacks to work.  Please help



Here's what you need to do:

1: Open up Cheat Engine 64-bit. Open up the game in a browser window on Chrome.  

2: While in game, press Shift+Escape.  Look at the Process ID for Tab: Play Squid Ink...  It should be a series of numbers.

3: Determine what that number is in hex by opening a new browser window and searching "[your process ID] in hex"  Google will pop it up for you right at the top.

4: In Cheat Engine, select the Chrome process that uses the hex ID found earlier.

5: Play Squid Ink normally until you see a treasure chest drop.  Click it.  If it contains dubloons (the silver plus sign circles) move to the next step.  If not, continue playing normally until you get one that does.

6: While the "The Chest Contained" window is still up, move to cheat engine.  Change your value type to Double, and begin your first scan for however many dubloons were in the chest.

7: Continue playing the game normally until another treasure chest with dubloons appears.  In Cheat Engine, adjust the value you're searching for to match the new amount of dubloons in the chest while the "The Chest Contained" window is still up.  You should now have a single address - add it to your address list, and change it to a large number.

8: Click in-game to accept the treasure chest, and you will now have a ton of dubloons to spend in the store to obtain as many shells and pearls as you can click.

I'm sure some of the early steps are remedial for you, but it's better to walk through everything when troubleshooting.  Good luck!

RE: Squid Ink

Posted Oct 27, 2017 2:58 pm
jarly Posted on: 10/15/2017 12:45am

I reset my game and did it once more. Here's some better steps: 
 
Grab your first treasure chest, scan for the Shell value (double)

Grab the second chest, scan for this value

Once more should get you the value.
 
right click the value, select Browse this Memory region 
 
Right click on the area at the bottom of the screen, and select Display Type -> Double

You'll see the shell value, and the next one to the right is your Doubloons.

I'd recommend setting both to 1E250 then accept the treasure chest reward

Hello everyone.
I can't get it to work either.
The second scan doesn't give the amount of shells of the second chest.
Are you sure you have to scan the amount of shells and not the amount of dubloons ?

 

RE: Squid Ink

Posted Nov 25, 2017 1:14 am

I've tried this in both edge and chrome even with a restart (erased save) i couldn't get it to work most of the time when i scan for the second chest's value i get 0 results 

RE: Squid Ink

Posted Dec 19, 2017 2:11 am

Has anyone found a successful way of modding this game. Also it does have a new system deciding what contents are in chests, and presents I believe.

RE: Squid Ink

Posted Jan 28, 2018 10:10 pm

Countdown timers for abilities are Float*1. 

Activate an ability. I scan for 25 when the timer gets to 25. Then rescan a few seconds later, like scan 20 when it's at 20. Then you can lock the value, giving you abilities that last until you turn off the game.

RE: Squid Ink

Posted Apr 29, 2018 8:59 pm

Yeah, I can't get any of these methods to work. I can't even scan for shells, it just gets zero results. 

RE: Squid Ink

Posted May 19, 2018 7:45 am

There have been some updates to the game. 

I followed dtbarnes86's instructions and was able to freeze my powerup cooldowns as little as 2 weeks ago, but can't seem to anymore. I have never been able to dupe shells or dubloons following anyone's instructions, but I haven't tried again since the update. 

New update items that haven't been covered here include: 

Lumens
Fish Eggs
Crustacean Eggs
Reptile Eggs
Metamorphic Eggs
Purple "Spin" Tickets (not sure if they have a name)