PC died on moving rooms?
ok, so I'm quite confused as to what's going on with my HTPC and wondered if anyone here would have thoughts or suggestions that would prove useful.
History - new build HTPC about 6 weeks ago - has been up and running perfectly all that time in my kitchen where I put it together. Came home from holiday and decided to, finally, move it to the TV room so powered down, unplugged and walked all of 3m.
Put it in place, cabled it up, powered up and nothing much happened at all. System and case fans spin up when you press the power button and, after a few seconds, power down again before starting a start/stop loop that seems indefinite.
Have tried the usual things - unplugging all components, removing and reseating ram but am at a loss as to what else could be wrong (other than the mobo/cpu or psu), even though I can't see how simply moving them from one room to another could break something (assuming the worst).
So, any thoughts, tips or tricks I could try to get it working again without spending a fortune? or being without it for however long it takes retailers to receive returns, test and return/ship replacements as appropriate?
Slightly bemused, seriously annoyed.
