Skip to content
[Help]

Can't install KUT (security warning)

8 posts

Can't install KUT (security warning)

Posted Sep 19, 2019 3:27 pm

Trainer version: 0.1.0.76 (Theta)

Operating System: Windows 10 x64

I have a new PC and can't install KUT, I have tried everything. Checking if the required programs are installed, disabling antivirus, disabling the firewall, changing the security settings, changing the internet security settings.

I always get the error an administrator has block the app setup.exe from running because there is a potential risk for the computer. 

Any ideas?

 

RE: Can't install KUT (security warning)

Posted Nov 3, 2019 1:06 pm

i dont know if it changed on windows10 havent kept up but the old issue was windows smartscreen (google it to see what it looks like) and that some people just click ok and think that allows the installation to continue while instead you need to click the fine print to show you more or read details which shows the option to proceed anyway
https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/d5K_cGcY1pbkvc7esiaJegAMunQ=/0x0:640x360/1600x900/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/assets/1312935/smartscreen.jpg

RE: Can't install KUT (security warning)

Posted Nov 3, 2019 1:10 pm
Zenwaichi Posted on: 11/03/2019 1:06pm

i dont know if it changed on windows10 havent kept up but the old issue was windows smartscreen (google it to see what it looks like) and that some people just click ok and think that allows the installation to continue while instead you need to click the fine print to show you more or read details which shows the option to proceed anyway
https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/d5K_cGcY1pbkvc7esiaJegAMunQ=/0x0:640x360/1600x900/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/assets/1312935/smartscreen.jpg



This is the window that appears (EDIT: apparently I can't embed imgur URLs as images?).

I can't figure out which setting has to be changed, it doesn't appear to be the usual suspects (UAC, Firewall, anti-virus) as I know how to check/whitelist apps on those and already did so.

RE: Can't install KUT (security warning)

Posted Nov 16, 2019 6:57 am
Zenwaichi Posted on: 11/03/2019 10:45pm

Wrote this small utility try running it, restarting and then installing khut.
Link will only last 14 days as dictated by uploading service
http://www.mediafire.com/file/13g1er69nkjamk6/clickonce_security_configurer.exe/file

the app has no ui so if it looks like it does nothing do not panic
 


Thanks a lot. The exe file did not work. But from the content of it I changed the prompting level of netframework in the registry and could install konghack :)))
 

RE: Can't install KUT (security warning)

Posted Nov 16, 2019 4:19 pm

im glad but bummed. Why the exe didnt work? Also since im not on win10 instead of playing guessing games if you shared a batch/powershell script to do the task it would be cool