Skip to content
Locked

KBH v7.1 [broken]

by pkedpker

65 posts

RE: KBH v7.1 [BROKEN]

Posted Jun 24, 2013 5:15 am

6 inches forward and 5 inches back. 

I use this AoB tool to make all the AoBs I post. Try the online version if you dont feel like downloading it.
"Obviously, windows are central to Windows. They are so important that they named the operating system after them. But what is a window?"

RE: KBH v7.1 [BROKEN]

Posted Jun 26, 2013 11:49 am

the current design. once i finish the game and talk to tim, kbh will be ready for launch.

I use this AoB tool to make all the AoBs I post. Try the online version if you dont feel like downloading it.
"Obviously, windows are central to Windows. They are so important that they named the operating system after them. But what is a window?"

RE: KBH v7.1 [BROKEN]

Posted Jun 26, 2013 12:19 pm
The Ignorant Masses Posted on: 06/26/2013 7:54am

Anyway, interested in building an authentication mechanism?


thats one of the things I had wanted to discuss. I feel like we should throw some calculus at that question. If we put ads in kbh itself, then viral distribution is beneficial. Adding auth hinders free distribution, but will encourage one time site traffic (signup).

My biggest concern would be that adding auth would encourage people to hack our release in order to increase "ease of use" for their own communities.

perhaps some sort of compromise would be best. eg, people who log in and have a high enough status (staff \mod \leethax \special kbh item \etc) dont see the ad. or something. probably not that. but maybe people who arent signed in get shown some sort of "join konghack" nag. 
 

I use this AoB tool to make all the AoBs I post. Try the online version if you dont feel like downloading it.
"Obviously, windows are central to Windows. They are so important that they named the operating system after them. But what is a window?"

RE: KBH v7.1 [BROKEN]

Posted Jun 26, 2013 3:06 pm
kolonelkadat Posted on: 06/26/2013 8:19am
My biggest concern would be that adding auth would encourage people to hack our release in order to increase "ease of use" for their own communities.


pack it with Themida and then obfuscate it. guarantee you nobody will hack it.

RE: KBH v7.1 [BROKEN]

Posted Jun 26, 2013 5:38 pm

I have read all the post for KBH and I still cannot get KBH to recoqnize my name or the password.
I have tried everything that had been mentioned but that part won't work.
 When I hit get catorgory it does bring it up . All seems to work other sidhing in and password.
Any suggestions ?????

RE: KBH v7.1 [BROKEN]

Posted Jun 26, 2013 8:41 pm
cudac30 Posted on: 06/26/2013 1:38pm

I have read all the post for KBH and I still cannot get KBH to recoqnize my name or the password.
I have tried everything that had been mentioned but that part won't work.
 When I hit get catorgory it does bring it up . All seems to work other sidhing in and password.
Any suggestions ?????



i suggest waiting for meu to release the new version

I use this AoB tool to make all the AoBs I post. Try the online version if you dont feel like downloading it.
"Obviously, windows are central to Windows. They are so important that they named the operating system after them. But what is a window?"

RE: KBH v7.1 [BROKEN]

Posted Jun 26, 2013 11:50 pm
kolonelkadat Posted on: 06/26/2013 8:19am
The Ignorant Masses Posted on: 06/26/2013 7:54am

Anyway, interested in building an authentication mechanism?


thats one of the things I had wanted to discuss. I feel like we should throw some calculus at that question. If we put ads in kbh itself, then viral distribution is beneficial. Adding auth hinders free distribution, but will encourage one time site traffic (signup).

My biggest concern would be that adding auth would encourage people to hack our release in order to increase "ease of use" for their own communities.

perhaps some sort of compromise would be best. eg, people who log in and have a high enough status (staff \mod \leethax \special kbh item \etc) dont see the ad. or something. probably not that. but maybe people who arent signed in get shown some sort of "join konghack" nag. 


Yeah, there's always that issue.  It's your program man, so it's up to you.  All I'll do is build an auth system should you want one. :)

 


Everything's coming up KongHack!

"When you know nothing matters, the universe is yours" ~Rick Sanchez

RE: KBH v7.1 [BROKEN]

Posted Jun 27, 2013 8:47 am

here's a thought. what if you added a stat that tracked how many badges users earned with KBH. so youd have post count, hacks, sol files, and badges hacked.

maybe its too abuseable. who knows. i was thinking just send the count, but thats no fun.
but what if i send the badge id, name, and score they submitted. and then you could integrate that data with the badge thingy you already have set up

oh shit! and then you could have like a forum ranky/badge thing
like "badge hunter" get 50 badges using kbh.
and "badge enthusiast" get 10 badges
or "badge afficionado" get all badges using kbh

i dunno. its something useless. but it might get some interest.

I use this AoB tool to make all the AoBs I post. Try the online version if you dont feel like downloading it.
"Obviously, windows are central to Windows. They are so important that they named the operating system after them. But what is a window?"

RE: KBH v7.1 [BROKEN]

Posted Jun 29, 2013 6:31 pm

How about a button to automatically find and upload SOLs for the current game? It'd be much easier than hunting in the file system for the files and uploading through a browser :P

P.S. OK, i fail. As soon as i posted this, i realized it would require much more than client-server comm hacking for the program to find out which are the correct SOLs for a game... It'd be nice, though...
Maybe a KBH site database with SOL names/locations for each game could be handy :P

I have gone to find myself. If I return before I get back, please hold me here until I arrive.

RE: KBH v7.1 [BROKEN]

Posted Jun 29, 2013 8:40 pm
Creamy Posted on: 06/29/2013 2:31pm

How about a button to automatically find and upload SOLs for the current game? It'd be much easier than hunting in the file system for the files and uploading through a browser :P

P.S. OK, i fail. As soon as i posted this, i realized it would require much more than client-server comm hacking for the program to find out which are the correct SOLs for a game... It'd be nice, though...
Maybe a KBH site database with SOL names/locations for each game could be handy :P

Have you tried out the userscript yet?


Everything's coming up KongHack!

"When you know nothing matters, the universe is yours" ~Rick Sanchez

This topic is locked.