KH is coming back
"The site is currently down for maintenance. KIXEYE has nothing to do with the site being down and it will be back up."
wtf, is this from scratch or what?? I thought they didn't have backups
![]()
go to the old forum page, it says it will be back up
5 posts
"The site is currently down for maintenance. KIXEYE has nothing to do with the site being down and it will be back up."
wtf, is this from scratch or what?? I thought they didn't have backups
![]()
Before KH got on chat:
http://i.imgur.com/0rPhr.png
After KH got on chat:
http://i.imgur.com/biBWV.png
KH in tinychat:
http://i.imgur.com/LbcdU.png
The forum (kongregatehack.com) will be back in a few days, or at least that's when I plan to have it back up.
As for backups, I did make a backup before shutting down the site. Even if I didn't, I can open it again temporarily to make a backup or just do it directly from the database.
As some of you already know the site was closed because a hacker found a vulnerability and exploited it. I wasn't been able to pinpoint the vulnerability, which is why I closed the site. As for the hacker's identity, all I know is the username (botsbotsbots), which I late discovered was used to attempt selling hacks in the hack database, and a couple of the IP addresses the hacker used to access the website. I assume he used a proxy, however even if he didn't it doesn't help much knowing he resides in Canada.
I've bought a new domain and plan to move the forum there. You'll know when I'm done, as kongregatehack.com will redirect to the new domain.
As some of you have noticed I have been somewhat absent recently. I would love to use the excuse "midterms are coming up", however that has little to do with my absence. I skimmed through the newest posts almost every day and I posted once in a while. But as the founder and administrator of the website I have a responsibility to keep improving it, not just maintain it. Due to this, and my lack of web development skills, I've recently considered taking a step back and letting someone else take the wheel. Not completely backing out, since my interest in hacking hasn't completely diminished.
Selling hacks in the hack database??? Does that worth to purchase??

The dumbass things bots will do...
Everything's coming up KongHack!
"When you know nothing matters, the universe is yours" ~Rick Sanchez