Skip to content

A tutorial on how to find AppData manually?

-migrated-

13 posts

A tutorial on how to find AppData manually?

Posted Jun 30, 2009 4:01 pm

Hi There, I know this will probably cause a flame war or you say that I am a noob by not being able to do this. I want to know how to find it manually. I can easily search AppData in the Search box on the start menu in Vista, but I wanted to know how to find this manually because sometimes I want to upload a file to mediafire.com or something like put an attachment, and I can't because I don't know how to find it manually.

Anyone help me with this. I don't know where to look. (broken image removed)

The easier way is to make a shortcut to the 422nd2j9(unique numbers/letters) folder, the one right before kongregate.chat

So when you are searching for your files you just go desktop, kongregate file and boom you're in.

Quote from: "praetor"
start -> run -> %appdata%


". I can easily search AppData in the Search box on the start menu in Vista,"

He wanted to find it when you're trying to upload a file when you are unable to use that search feature.

You can do the following:

1. Right click on the desktop and click New - Shortcut.
2. Type in %appdata% in the text box and then click Next.

That will create a shortcut to the Appdata folder.

However, I'd probably just create a shortcut to the chat.kongregate.com folder itself.

Just create a new shortcut and browse through the folders to get to the chat.kongregate.com one. Save that on your desktop or something.

("C:Documents and SettingsusernameApplication DataMacromediaFlash Player#SharedObjectsrandomnumberschat.kongregate.com")



Tookie

haha tookie ya been late on 2 of your post, the last one and when you mentioned doing a shortcut on the desktop.

He already said thank you for it working.