Skip to content

Lastman

-migrated-

This discussion is linked to Lastman. View game

22 posts

Re: Lastman

Posted Sep 10, 2009 3:46 am

In Quest for Fags, there is an infinite health glitch, which allowed me to get all the medals in extreme/hardcore/hardest mode, whatever.
Just hold left while you play, and eventually, you will be able to just keep running and pick up 100 packs for that last medal.
It was described in detail about 4 times in the tips thread over at NG. I never had to hack the game.

Re: Lastman

Posted Sep 10, 2009 1:58 pm

...and you would post that here why? theres already a quest for fags thread and its been hacked.

Re: Lastman

Posted Sep 14, 2009 11:51 pm

I have an AoB for it at last, and, I can tell you, it was a bitch! I tried to emulate the hack in the video, but couldn't, then I went back to basics and looked at the code and we see in the mainscript function:

Code: [Select]

if (!forward && _root.nmes.pc._x < 60 && _root.nmes.pc._y < 50)
{
clearInterval(intcall);
_root.timetaken = Math.floor(timer / 3.125000E+001);
_root.gotoAndStop("youwin");
} // end if
if (forward && _root.nmes.pc._x > 8110 && _root.nmes.pc._y > 60)
{
forward = 0;
_root.boss.play();
} // end if

The important bits here are the _root.nmes.pc_x bits - this is the player's x position. We see the boss at 8110 and win at < 60. So what happens if we change the 8110 to something more obtainable, like, say 100:
96 05 00 07 ae 1f 00 00 =>
96 05 00 07 c8 00 00 00

Put this in, jump across the gap, kill the first two crabs and amble under the raised platform and suddenly we get the beat the boss medal. Now turn round, jump across the gap and walk off the left edge of the screen and, guess what? We win!

I hope this works for everybody - it was a real pig to do.

Re: Lastman

Posted Sep 15, 2009 12:43 am

lol wow. I was just about to try doing all the flash player stuff too.

I will give it a try tomorrow when i get in from school. If anybody tries it before hand post here.

Re: Lastman

Posted Sep 15, 2009 12:49 am
Quote from: "deity"
I hope this works for everybody - it was a real pig to do.

Well it works for me Deity. Thanks very much!

Re: Lastman

Posted Sep 15, 2009 8:34 am

Man, you are totally god-like. All hail to you deity

+1