Skip to content

Deity - Beat the game without dying hack

-migrated-

43 posts

Deity - Beat the game without dying hack

Posted Sep 9, 2009 2:35 pm

Darnell's Recount - beat game without dying - 100
Red Moon - beat the game without dying - 100
Stickya Adventurya - Die less then 20 times - 100

Theres three games that i need to hack, all with the same kind of medal. Can you tell me what to download and what to look for so that maybe I can give it a shot?

I'll have a specific look at one of these in a bit. Usually you can look at two things.

Depending on the code they may have something like playerdied=true, then at the end if (playerdied == false) you can usually NOP out one of the above statements.

It really does depend on how it's coded. I'll have a try with one of the above, then show my workings.

Alrighty. If its any help, darnell and stickya would be good for infinite health because theres no way to fall and die.

But for red moon, if you fall down, you die, so that one might be more tricky.

Quote from: "xycho666"
Alrighty. If its any help, darnell and stickya would be good for infinite health because theres no way to fall and die.

But for red moon, if you fall down, you die, so that one might be more tricky.


in stickya you CAN fall in three levels. One is with snake, second is when you fall down, third is snake 2. Other than that, you are okay

Worth pointing out, but I won't need a hack to avoid those, they are easy enough.

But in red moon, the only time i seem to die is by jumping the wrong way and falling.

For Darnell's Recount invulnerability:
96 05 00 07 0a 00 00 00 87 01 00 03 =>
96 05 00 07 00 00 00 00 87 01 00 03

96 05 00 07 0f 00 00 00 87 01 00 03 =>
96 05 00 07 00 00 00 00 87 01 00 03

96 05 00 07 0a 00 00 00 87 01 00 02 =>
96 05 00 07 00 00 00 00 87 01 00 02

An explanation'll have to wait 'til later I'm afraid - she who must be obeyed has called...

Re: Deity - Beat the game without dying hack

Posted Sep 10, 2009 3:50 am

Ah man, I've been trying to get that one last Red Moon- beat the game without dying medal. I keep dying at that spot with the sliding/tilting rocks because you have to time your jumping like a motherfucker.
At least I'm not the only one. xD

Re: Deity - Beat the game without dying hack

Posted Sep 10, 2009 2:24 pm

it works like charm, less medals on my list. We only need those two annoying games and all imp medals are ours. For now. Well, kinda, there is Shift 4 with broken medals, Seed of Destruction with unachievable medal (if you didnt use two windows). So, good job deity

Re: Deity - Beat the game without dying hack

Posted Sep 10, 2009 3:04 pm

I'll have a look at those two tomorrow (can't manage tonight).

I'm intrigued by the earlier implication that there's a list of newgrounds accounts my points. Is there a ranking? I'm curious where I am in the list...

Re: Deity - Beat the game without dying hack

Posted Sep 10, 2009 5:16 pm
Quote from: "deity"
I'll have a look at those two tomorrow (can't manage tonight).

I'm intrigued by the earlier implication that there's a list of newgrounds accounts my points. Is there a ranking? I'm curious where I am in the list...


there is a rank, but i guess you need to ask to be in. There is nothing like who is 1st or last AUTOMATICLY

Re: Deity - Beat the game without dying hack

Posted Sep 10, 2009 7:26 pm

deity, i found something cool

Code: [Select]

// Action script...

// [Action in Frame 33]
stop ();
_root.nextframe = false;
_root.fade.gotoAndPlay(2);
_root.death = false;
_root.skateui.skateboard = 0;
_root.count = 0;
_root.lockcount = 5;
if (_root.totalDeaths < 21)
{
_root.medal_popup.unlockMedal("You must be cheating!");
} // end if

Look on total deaths. If you could make it like 65k, it would be easier. Not exactly invinsibility, but it would give us huge upper hand until you come up with something better

Re: Deity - Beat the game without dying hack

Posted Sep 10, 2009 7:29 pm

You can change the set number for deaths to get a medal?

I thought you had to like lock your death count below that number.

And 65K would be a bit much...i'm sure if you set it to like 500 you would be fine lol