Skip to content

A KBH Challenger Appears

-migrated-

24 posts

A KBH Challenger Appears

Posted Jul 9, 2010 10:16 pm

Check this out... http://www.kongregate.com/developer_center/docs/statistics-web-service-api

I'm going to implement it tonight (if I have enough time) and we'll see how it goes.  Basically, it's server-to-server statistic and badge submission.  They finally took my advise and started using it.  With proper implementation, KBH will be rendered useless, as there will be no way to find out what is being sent to Kongregate.  The only way to get these badges, besides playing the game, is to hack the game itself.  The game I am working on is PHP, so CE is useless.  (broken image removed)


Everything's coming up KongHack!

"When you know nothing matters, the universe is yours" ~Rick Sanchez

Re: A KBH Challenger Appears

Posted Jul 9, 2010 10:28 pm

If they implement this in every game with badges, we're probably fucked. (broken image removed)

This post was imported from an account that no longer exists!
Previous Name: phreneticus

Re: A KBH Challenger Appears

Posted Jul 9, 2010 10:31 pm

Tim, if you implement this, I'll donkey punch your wife.

On further examination, I note all we need to find is an API key, which shouldn't be too hard. Then we've got it again.

lol idek why i still come here

Re: A KBH Challenger Appears

Posted Jul 9, 2010 11:23 pm

The API key is buried in the server.  There is no way to see the API key, unless you hack the server or the developer's Kongregate account.

The API key is located...

http://kongregate.com/games/UserNameHer ... meHere/api

Only the developer can access this page.

My API key is stored in my config.php file that is buried outside of the public html scope, meaning you can't even access the file that contains the variable.

I'm still working on the damn Source Tracker that manages the linked account system. It's damn hard work!  (broken image removed)


Everything's coming up KongHack!

"When you know nothing matters, the universe is yours" ~Rick Sanchez

Re: A KBH Challenger Appears

Posted Jul 11, 2010 5:31 pm

soooo, what sort of consolation are you getting out of making our lives harder? lol, at least we don't have to say "just kbh it" anymore. if it does go php, I might have to hack games on other sites just to sate my boredom. Or worse, go back to mmo's. I shudder at the thought

Re: A KBH Challenger Appears

Posted Jul 15, 2010 3:37 pm

Yeah I agree.. If that happens, we wont be able to use KBH for horrible MMO's with badges like Caesary, Sacred Seasons, Heroes of Gaia and Dream World and have no choice to do it legit... Man, what a thought..  :cry:

This post was imported from an account that no longer exists!
Previous Name: HJKL

Re: A KBH Challenger Appears

Posted Jul 15, 2010 3:45 pm

I already have it running and attempted to use KBH to submit high scores.  It failed.

This could be because it's still in preview mode, as the DOM is a bit different, but considering I have no clue how KBH works, I can't accurately tell.

Basically, the Konduit2.0 system has the option to disable all score/badge submission unless the special game API key is included.  Currently, score submission does not require this special key, but based on the new way it's being buried in PHP Configs and is only transmitted Server 2 Server, no one will ever get that key unless they hack the creator's account.  (broken image removed)


Everything's coming up KongHack!

"When you know nothing matters, the universe is yours" ~Rick Sanchez

Re: A KBH Challenger Appears

Posted Jul 15, 2010 10:59 pm
Quote from: "The Ignorant Masses"
unless they hack the creator's account.  (broken image removed)

Hey, we all know your password is [bg=black:250z45c1]drowssap[/bg:250z45c1].
No need to hack.

lol idek why i still come here

Re: A KBH Challenger Appears

Posted Jul 16, 2010 10:12 am

skuff is win.

Flash .sol locations
Chrome: \AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Pepper Data\Shockwave Flash\WritableRoot\#SharedObjects\
Normal: \AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects

Re: A KBH Challenger Appears

Posted Jul 19, 2010 8:18 pm

I'm actually glad you are doing this TIM, I for one, actually only used KBH once, and that was for starfighter disputed galaxy. I actually have gotten ALL the other multiplayer games legitly and I know I'll get downkarma probably for this post but I really don't give a shit. So I hope they implement it (broken image removed)

Re: A KBH Challenger Appears

Posted Jul 19, 2010 10:26 pm
Quote from: "idkwhoiam"
I'm actually glad you are doing this TIM, I for one, actually only used KBH once, and that was for starfighter disputed galaxy. I actually have gotten ALL the other multiplayer games legitly and I know I'll get downkarma probably for this post but I really don't give a shit. So I hope they implement it (broken image removed)

no neg karma for u. I kinda agree, in the sense that playing or hacking a game retains the notion of fun. In spite of this, some games AREN'T fun, which is what usually prompts me to use KBH.

Re: A KBH Challenger Appears

Posted Jul 19, 2010 11:29 pm

I only use it on the shit games, dinowaurs, SS2, dreamworlds and similar. But we still need it for shit ones like this.

Check before you post, someone may have beaten you there.

Don't fear my banhammer, fear the God holding it...

Re: A KBH Challenger Appears

Posted Jul 20, 2010 10:03 am
Quote from: "Maximillian"
I only use it on the shit games, dinowaurs

I liked Dinowaurs

lol idek why i still come here