Skip to content

World in War (Request)

-migrated-

This discussion is linked to World in War. View game

21 posts

Re: World in War (Request)

Posted Dec 25, 2010 2:08 am

Ok, finally a proper funds hack that gives you money without giving it to AI as well, tested it by beating the crap out of ruskies.

Buying infantry adds funds

Code: [Select]

66 ff 24 a0 2a 63 0d
66 ff 24 a1 2a 63 0d
Buying tanks adds funds

Code: [Select]

66 80 25 a0 2a
66 80 25 a1 2a
Buying artillery adds funds

Code: [Select]

66 81 25 a0 2a
66 81 25 a1 2a

Messing with
Constants.PRODUCTION_COST_INFANTRY;
Constants.PRODUCTION_COST_TANK;
Constants.PRODUCTION_COST_ARTILLERY;
in a way that does not affect AI.

How to use: try to get 2 production bases. Max out production on the 1st base, max out on the 2nd, then go back to 1st and increase production some more. This way you can have unlimited production per turn with 2 bases.

Re: World in War (Request)

Posted Dec 25, 2010 2:20 am
Quote from: "byteorder"
Ok, finally a proper funds hack that gives you money without giving it to AI as well, tested it by beating the crap out of ruskies.
Messing with
Constants.PRODUCTION_COST_INFANTRY;
Constants.PRODUCTION_COST_TANK;
Constants.PRODUCTION_COST_ARTILLERY;
in a way that does not affect AI.


How the heck did you mess with the constants? Where was that code at? I was looking through all the shit earlier, best thing I could find was to edit the min/max dmg of the units. But of course it capped off at 127.

I'm basically the shit... 

Re: World in War (Request)

Posted Dec 25, 2010 2:40 am
Quote from: "HakHappy"
Quote from: "byteorder"
Ok, finally a proper funds hack that gives you money without giving it to AI as well, tested it by beating the crap out of ruskies.
Messing with
Constants.PRODUCTION_COST_INFANTRY;
Constants.PRODUCTION_COST_TANK;
Constants.PRODUCTION_COST_ARTILLERY;
in a way that does not affect AI.

How the heck did you mess with the constants? Where was that code at? I was looking through all the shit earlier, best thing I could find was to edit the min/max dmg of the units. But of course it capped off at 127.


Changed the logic of how those constants were used. The constants are in wiw/constants/Constants.as, AoB changes code in wiw/game/states/wiwgame/strategy/StrategyGame.as lines 3077ish, 3086ish and 3095ish. There's a crapload of code, about 50K lines, took a while to even begin to understand how it fits together.

Re: World in War (Request)

Posted Dec 25, 2010 2:45 am
Quote from: "HakHappy"
How the heck did you mess with the constants? Where was that code at? I was looking through all the shit earlier, best thing I could find was to edit the min/max dmg of the units. But of course it capped off at 127.

You can't change the constants via AoBs, it's not possible. He didn't change the constants, or otherwise his AoBs would make the items free. He simply changed "price = loc XY + cost_XY" to "price = loc XY - cost_XY" (ofc the source code doesn't look like that but you get the idea).

This post was imported from an account that no longer exists!
Previous Name: phreneticus

Re: World in War (Request)

Posted Dec 25, 2010 2:58 am

Thanks for the info guys, still trying to get 'good' at this shit. I know a thing or two, but byteorder did exactly what I was trying to do when i first started looking

I'm basically the shit... 

Re: World in War (Request)

Posted Dec 25, 2010 4:05 am
Quote from: "byteorder"
Ok, finally a proper funds hack that gives you money without giving it to AI as well, tested it by beating the crap out of ruskies.


Thanks goodness. You saved my Christmas!