Skip to content

[Request] Protector IV.V

-migrated-

This discussion is linked to Protector IV.V. View game

33 posts

[Request] Protector IV.V

Posted Apr 8, 2011 9:59 pm

Tried some minor stuff, like checking if money is 4bytes, x8, and x8 + 6. I would appreciate it if someone can come up with an AoB hack.
EDIT
Sorry, I was referring to the amount of gold one starts with when they start a quest. A hack that modifies the amount of gold that's used for shops would also be appreciated. I don't really know how to express the difference between the two types of gold in terms of their use, so...

Link: http://www.kongregate.com/games/undefin ... ector-iv-v

Re: [Request] Protector IV.V

Posted Apr 10, 2011 6:59 am

There are multiple variables named "gold". I found these:

[aob:3hl03u1f]96 08 00 09 28 01 07 ?? 00 00 00 1D
96 08 00 09 1d 01 07 ?? 00 00 00 1D
96 08 00 09 8e 01 07 ?? 00 00 00 1D
96 08 00 09 70 01 07 ?? 00 00 00 1D
change the amount of gold:
96 08 00 09 ?? 01 07 xx xx 00 00 1D[/aob:3hl03u1f]

But there are lots of other hits for these, so this is not the best way to cheat here.

Re: [Request] Protector IV.V

Posted Apr 10, 2011 3:31 pm

Hah, my first attempt at aob. I think they work, but use at your own risk. ^^

Quote
no cost tiling

96 07 00 08 00 07 32 00 00 00 ->
96 07 00 08 00 07 00 00 00 00
(no idea what'll happen when you get tile-cost bonus talents, tile cost might go negative, too lazy to search for the actual place where the cost is subtracted so I just went for the basic cost instead)

no cost for units
96 08 00 04 01 08 91 04 01 08 91 4e 96 03 00 09 13 01 1c 0b 4f ->
02 02 02 02 02 02 02 02 02 02 02 02 02 02 02 02 02 02 02 02 02
OR
96 08 00 04 01 08 91 04 01 08 91 4e 96 05 00 07 00 00 00 0b 4f
(they both seem to work, first version removes the entire gold cost statement, second version changes the cost to 0 in a not 100% a-ok way, but it seems to work anyway, take care, the cost is still added to the score even though it isn't subtracted from your gold pile in both versions, so don't go too crazy, I could write one more to make it so it doesn't do that, but don't see the use just yet)


The research was quite interesting, the hardest part seemed to be that I couldn't make head or tail of the code until I found out the darn thing had some sort of encryption going. Once that's out of the way, editing the code is easy as pi (or so it would seem). Enjoy! XD

Re: [Request] Protector IV.V

Posted Apr 10, 2011 3:57 pm

One shot kills

67 12 12 9d 02 00 de 05
67 12 12 02 02 02 02 02

tested on 2 levels

EDIT: Highscore safety AoB

Gold remaining at the end of wave not added to score

96 04 00 04 01 08 91 4e 47
02 02 02 02 02 02 02 02 02

Survival of the fittest? Then why are there so many idiots around...
Point proven.
Listen to many, speak to a few.

Re: [Request] Protector IV.V

Posted Apr 11, 2011 12:13 am
Quote from: "KittenInMyCerealz"
you can hack the gold and exp with .sol editor

Really? Did you try it first before posting? Because I just tried it and in one .sol it shows "views = 1" in the other is "level" and I sure did not see a way to hack the gold.

Re: [Request] Protector IV.V

Posted Apr 11, 2011 1:08 am
Quote from: "kolombok"
Really? Did you try it first before posting? Because I just tried it and in one .sol it shows "views = 1" in the other is "level" and I sure did not see a way to hack the gold.


He might not have but I did, the save is not in the gamez folder. It's in chat.kongregate.com folder.
Mine was called "protector45save1"

Re: [Request] Protector IV.V

Posted Apr 11, 2011 1:28 am
Quote from: "kereda"
Quote from: "kolombok"
Really? Did you try it first before posting? Because I just tried it and in one .sol it shows "views = 1" in the other is "level" and I sure did not see a way to hack the gold.

He might not have but I did, the save is not in the gamez folder. It's in chat.kongregate.com folder.
Mine was called "protector45save1"


my apologies, you are correct, I was looking at the wrong folder (well, it said it was supposed to be in 10/9597 so I didnt even think to look elsewhere).

Its always a bitch when you think you're soooo smart but then someone shows you how stupid you are.

Re: [Request] Protector IV.V

Posted Apr 12, 2011 5:21 pm

hm... just edited a hero's exp, and it crashed when i froze it.  Using cheat engine 5.6, and I'm going to double check and see if it was just a blip.

Edit1:  I just realized after going back through it, I added a 6 where I wasn't supposed to.  It was still in my mind that I had used the *8+6 method...   :oops:

Re: [Request] Protector IV.V

Posted Apr 25, 2011 10:37 am

buying units multiply money
96 03 00 09 13 01 1c 0b 4f
96 03 00 09 13 01 1c 0c 4f

gold doesnt add to score
96 08 00 04 01 08 64 04 01 08 64 4e 96 04 00 04 01 08 91
02 02 02 02 02 02 02 02 02 02 02 02 02 02 02 02 02 02 02

tower has 5k exp when you build it
96 09 00 06 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 4f 96 07 00 04 01 09 20 01 08 95
96 09 00 06 00 88 b3 40 00 00 00 00 4f 96 07 00 04 01 09 20 01 08 95

buying players skills even if you dont have enough exp
96 04 00 04 02 08 00 4e 96 05 00 07 01 00 00 00 4e 48
96 04 00 04 02 08 00 4e 96 05 00 07 00 00 00 00 4e 48

after buing 1 skill for hero rest costs 0
96 05 00 07 0b 00 00 00 4e 96 05 00 07 32 00 00 00 47
96 05 00 07 0b 00 00 00 4e 96 05 00 07 00 00 00 00 0c

Superfast units
96 05 00 07 64 00 00 00 0d 0c 0b 1d
96 05 00 07 00 00 00 00 0c 0c 0c 1d

big range of units
96 05 00 07 01 00 00 00 4e 1d 96 07 00 08 3c
96 05 00 07 04 00 00 00 4e 1d 96 07 00 08 3c

Re: [Request] Protector IV.V

Posted Apr 25, 2011 1:06 pm

.sol file:
[attachment=0:38dfc6mw]protector45save2.sol[/attachment:38dfc6mw]

Guaranteed way to get the badge with the .sol file:
1. Place the .sol file into chat.kongregate.com
2. Load the game up.
3. Click Continue Game.
4. Load up Saveslot 2.
5. Click Status in the top left corner.
6. Hover your mouse over the Legion of Tyria bar.
7. Wait until you get the badge.