Is it flash based, I'm assuming no as its a program file game, so I doubt it can be hacked.
Well correct. I'll try to explain it a little bit for anyone who doesn't get the difference.
CE just reads and writes the memory-stack of a process so it doesn't really matter at all. The only difference is that native applications are usually better protected then actionscript-code running
in the flash-sandbox.
That means using CE is probably to less powerful for a full fledged hack as you might need to take out a few protections first (few of them need to be taken out straight at the process-startup). That mostly results in you having to write a DLL which then needs to be injected into the target-process
where it's doing the stuff that you'd want it to do.
That is why CE often won't work as a complete solution for standalone-games
aside for debugging and testing-purposes ofc.
Cheers
You are actually able to hack some stand-alone games, like Bejeweled, Lightning Warrior Raidy 1 and 2, Pretty Soldier Wars A.D. 2048 (which i managed to hack) and some more.
It wouldnt probably work in games like Witcher or Crysis, but some games dont follow this.
Also, Knightfall Death and Taxes is flash based game, at least the one i had. I could provide you with link but this site doesnt allow it. I normally attached swfdump to it and downloaded 2 SWFs at size of aprox 55MB from each. Then i opened them in Sothink and normally found AoBs, same as in browser game.
I dont think this topic will move to any different solution. We dont have and probably never will have exactly same game, mainly because we have it from different links. If you are interested in any more details, you can PM me and i will try to solve all of your questions.