Skip to content

Goin Up

-migrated-

6 posts

Goin Up

Posted Jul 12, 2011 8:55 pm

Since there is already a thread like this here: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=4744 I may be in the wrong to start this topic, so forgive me (but since this is the kongregate board and that's newgrounds I thought perhaps it might still be appropriate).

http://www.kongregate.com/games/Komix/goin-up

This game is pretty decent as far as upgrade-ability goes, and may at some point in the future get badges, but I'm having difficulty finding the values. I've gone through the whole list here: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1101 including a few variations of the (Value*(broken image removed) + X method (+6, +1 primarily), but to no avail. My skills at AOB hacking are non-existent and I don't have time at this moment to go through the tutorial to learn it.

So I bring this to you guys. What do you think? Am I stupid and just missing something? Or are AOBs going to be the only way?

Re: Goin Up

Posted Jul 12, 2011 9:33 pm

It uses root variables.  For skulls, you'd be looking for _level0/:skulls .

Re: Goin Up

Posted Jul 13, 2011 10:16 pm

An easier method is to edit the sol.

The folder name is "rufus-kong.swf", the .sol is "so"

Kills(top most value in the file) is equal to skulls.

Note: after purchasing the secret character, the skulls bacame "NaN", but the only score submitted to kong is the highest you go in a single round.

Re: Goin Up

Posted Jul 13, 2011 11:18 pm

Buying adds skulls
96 09 00 04 02 07 01 00 00 00 08 05 3d 0b -> 96 09 00 04 02 07 01 00 00 00 08 05 3d 0a

Buy regardless of skulls
08 05 3d 48 12 12 9d 02 00 02 01 -> 08 05 3d 48 12 12 9d 02 00 00 00

Unlimited jumps
96 04 00 08 71 05 00 -> 96 04 00 08 71 05 01

Re: Goin Up

Posted Jul 14, 2011 5:08 am

Here is a complete sol
all upgraded, all ach.
I actually bothered playing this game
[attachment=0:biovperi]so.sol[/attachment:biovperi]

Re: Goin Up

Posted Jul 19, 2011 8:39 am

An invincibility AoB should be awesome =)