Skip to content

[Request?] Crush the Castle TD

-migrated-

14 posts

Re: [Request?] Crush the Castle TD

Posted Jul 16, 2011 5:53 am

Tried changing Money with 4b*1, 4b*8, 4b*8+6 and Double only found something wih 4b*1 but while I can change the value it doesn't change anything ingame. The value seems to be saved somewhere else.

Re: [Request?] Crush the Castle TD

Posted Jul 17, 2011 5:47 am

Seconded that.  The value change is reflected in-game during play, but no way to use the gold.  Sadly, WIZO's attempts are exhaustive of my CE experience so far (I'm very new), so consider this a shameless plea for help.  :mrgreen:

Re: [Request?] Crush the Castle TD

Posted Jul 17, 2011 6:16 am

It's weirder than that. It freezes SoThink 5.4 for Mac when I try to access the AS elements (either in the interactive app, with an export, or trying to convert to FLA). Although I can't tell for sure without looking at the script, it appears as if there's some active hack protection.

Also, tracking 2b values that move up and down with the gold, I get four (including the *1 already mentioned), but none of them affect the actual value when changed.

Re: [Request?] Crush the Castle TD

Posted Jul 20, 2011 2:51 pm

Well, I figured out a way to hack it. I finally got it decompiled, but I couldn't find the AoBs in plugin-container. However, seeing the code let me find a place where a stored value that can be changed easily isn't encrypted.

What you can do is, when a level starts, buy a tower. Then select the tower. Then do a 4b*1 search on the price of the tower. Then sell back the tower.

Then choose a tower with a different price. Buy that tower. Select that tower. Search your last results for the price of the new tower.

Do this until you have one location.

Then, change that value to something high and sell the tower. You end up selling the tower for that amount of money.

For me, it only took one 50 tower and one 100 tower to get a single location. I changed the 100 to 300 and was able to sell the tower for a 200 profit.

I'm kind of disappointed I wasn't able to get an AoB out of it, but this should work.

Re: [Request?] Crush the Castle TD

Posted Jul 21, 2011 4:30 am

I was working off v1.0. I see that up on the site is v1.0.6. I can't get the scripts in the new version to decompile with any combination of decompression and SWFDecrypt.

That also explains why I can't find the AoB from the decompiled 1.0 version when running it.

I'm new at this, and I forgot to check the version. It was just dumb luck, I guess, that the hack worked the couple of times that I tried it.

Re: [Request?] Crush the Castle TD

Posted Jul 21, 2011 9:10 pm

Yeah, the sell hack is not working anymore.  :?  I will work on it myself and see what I can come up with, but I am not as skilled as some of the people on this site.

Re: [Request?] Crush the Castle TD

Posted Jul 21, 2011 10:33 pm

That was fun...I love breaking games that try so hard to stop you.

Spending cash adds it

66 C8 01 a1
66 C8 01 a0

EDIT: New AoB. Purely because I'm bored & I can.

One shot kills

24 00 0D 0D 00 00 D0 24 00
24 00 0D 00 00 00 D0 24 00

Version 1.0.6

Survival of the fittest? Then why are there so many idiots around...
Point proven.
Listen to many, speak to a few.