Root Variable Help
Recently, I have been trying to learn how to do root variable scanning, so I decided to try it on Momentum Missile Mayhem. Unfortunately, I got a bit stuck during the stickied tutorial. In particularly, this part:
We now have the address 0695230C. From what we learned earlier, the root variable is pointing to an address at a -7 offset from this address (it was +7, but we are now going backwards from the variable name to the value). 0695230C-7 is 06952305 (which ends in a 5 just as we noticed before). Lets now reverse that new address and search for that array of bytes.
I'll go through the steps I took and would appreciate any help!
First, I started the game (Crossfire Mode), and then searched for _level0/:score2
After finding the one result, I took the address (0D4260F0), reversed it (F0 60 42 0D), then searched for the AoB.
Finding the next result, I did the same thing. I took that address (08DD9CB4), but this time I took the last 2 numbers (B4) and subtracted them by 7, using Windows Calculator (hex). I got 08DD9CAD. So, I reversed and searched for the AoB (AD 9C DD 08), and no results popped up.
I could have swore that I was following the directions exactly, but unfortunately I am at a loss of what to do. Even after reading the step-by-step version and watching the video, it seems I was doing the right thing, it just wasn't working.
Also, I apologize for how I have yet to contribute. Once I have learned how to do Root Variables I will indefinitely contribute, thanks in advance!
PS - Sorry if this is a really stupid question, I just need a little help, I hope you understand. =)