Skip to content

flasm question

-migrated-

5 posts

flasm question

Posted Dec 30, 2011 6:23 am

I'm trying to use flasm, but It's not decompiling correctly.  When I try to decompile my swf, I get a bunch of stuff like this:

Code: [Select]

 defineMovieClip 6 // total frames: 1
  end // of defineMovieClip 6
 
  // unknown tag 88 length 94

Does it need to be decrypted or something?  

Also, when I open the swf in sothink, most of the folders in the action directory have two letter names like _-1t or _-6P or _-7r.  Is that normal?

Thanks!

Re: flasm question

Posted Dec 30, 2011 7:01 am
Quote from: "hackpenguin"
I'm trying to use flasm, but It's not decompiling correctly.  When I try to decompile my swf, I get a bunch of stuff like this:
Code: [Select]
 defineMovieClip 6 // total frames: 1
  end // of defineMovieClip 6
 
  // unknown tag 88 length 94

Does it need to be decrypted or something?  

Also, when I open the swf in sothink, most of the folders in the action directory have two letter names like _-1t or _-6P or _-7r.  Is that normal?

Thanks!


If you are using Flasm from the tutorials, try the tutorial I made. The one's that are Stickied are out dated since Flasm doesn't work in AS3, and even if you are using an As2 game, you'll actually have no extra knowledge at hacking As3 games.

http://theignorantmasses.com/simple/Main.swf

Or find the forum post here:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4998&start=0#p49644

This post was imported from an account that no longer exists!
Previous Name: Simple_AOB

Re: flasm question

Posted Dec 30, 2011 10:21 am

Thanks.  I looked at your tutorial and it was helpful.  When CE is used to replace an array of bytes and one of the AOB's is larger that the other, will it add in instructions, or will it replace the instructions that are next in memory?  Here's an example.

Take into consideration that the following code is just for demonstration and not meant to "do" anything.

Code: [Select]

//27
_as3_pushfalse
//26
_as3_pushtrue
//2b
_as3_swap

So lets say that for some reason, I would want it to be pushfalse, pushfalse, swap.  I would do this.
original AOB: 27 26
replacement: 27 27

But now, lets say I wanted to have pushfalse 3 times.  What would the outcome be if I entered this in CE?
original AOB: 27 26
replacement: 27 27 27

Would this change the program to be:
27 27 27 2b
or would it overwrite and become
27 27 27
With the last 27 overwriting the 2b.

I ask because there are a few games that I would like to try add in custom or modified functions.  Which is also why I was wondering about flasm (which I now realize doesn't support AS3).  With flasm I would be able to add in the functions and then recompile.  Not sure how I would make it work with CE if it overwrites.

Thanks again!

Re: flasm question

Posted Dec 30, 2011 1:47 pm
Quote from: "hackpenguin"
_-1t or _-6P or _-7r.  Is that normal?

Those are renamed variables, its part of an encryption/obfuscation.

Quote from: "hackpenguin"
When CE is used to replace an array of bytes and one of the AOB's is larger that the other, will it add in instructions, or will it replace the instructions that are next in memory?

An AOB has to be the same size or it will overwrite the following instructions.

Quote from: "hackpenguin"
With flasm I would be able to add in the functions and then recompile.

You can use RABCDAsm for AS3, works kinda like flasm.

khwar.com