Skip to content

Search doesn't check topics

-migrated-

3 posts

Search doesn't check topics

Posted Mar 25, 2012 8:48 pm

I was trying to find information on a game and realized that the search engine does not register topic titles it only searches the posts themselves so topics such as:

Super energy apocalypse recycled
http://www.flashcheats.org/forum/index.php?topic=67.0
 
which do not have the game's tittle within any of its posts do not show up as search results. I can't recall this ever happening on the old forum so I'm assuming its an issue with the Simple Machines search function. Is there any way to fix the search function so it includes topic tittles?

Re: Search doesn't check topics

Posted Mar 26, 2012 1:55 am

I noticed that problem as well and I believe it's related to SMF. The only solution I've found so far is going to this link and checking the "Search in topic subjects only option".