Skip to content

Chat auto timeout when I login?

-migrated-

8 posts

Chat auto timeout when I login?

Posted May 2, 2012 2:45 pm

Many times in a row already I got that stuff on chat
(10:16:08) ChatBot: Ratchet se connecte au Chat.
(10:16:11) ChatBot: kolonelkadat a

Re: Chat auto timeout when I login?

Posted May 2, 2012 2:58 pm

Deal with it, I get it to.

Flash .sol locations
Chrome: \AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Pepper Data\Shockwave Flash\WritableRoot\#SharedObjects\
Normal: \AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects

Re: Chat auto timeout when I login?

Posted May 2, 2012 7:55 pm

No, he's referring to other people timing out when he logs in.

That's the way this chat system works.  Say you are the last person in the chat.  The chat is polling the server every couple of seconds to tell it that you are still there.  There is a 3 minute timeout, that if your browser doesn't call back to the server, it times you out.  Well, the chat is only running when someone is in it.

If you just close the browser, nothing tells the server that you have logged out.  Since the chat only runs when someone is using it, the marker that says whoever is using the chat stays.  The next person to open the chat causes the server to refresh the active members, thus causing the timeout.

TL;DR deal with it.


Everything's coming up KongHack!

"When you know nothing matters, the universe is yours" ~Rick Sanchez