My guess would be you fall into c because I'm guessing gold resets every level I could be wrong though. A possible way around this would be to see if you can find an address and pointer for the starting gold, if you can you might be able to start yourself with all the gold you'll ever need.
I'mma try this, makes sense, thanks. (broken image removed)
edit- Nope, looks like the starting-funds address is completely different for every map/stage,
like in the previous game. No pointers there.
I still have over 600 addresses from scanning for my current value,
I don't know how to find the right one.
Though again, is there a guide on actually using the pointer after finding it, without debugger?
I'm starting to think that's the only way it's useful, so I won't be able to do squat here as previously explained. (crash!)
Would be nice is someone else took at look at this game.
It has a demo on Steam, the debugger-induced crashing might be the same.
EDIT-
News:
Using Memory Viewer doesn't crash me, only Debugger to "Find Out What Writes To" does.
The 4 byte address OrcsMustDie2.exe+7960BC Is persistent across all sessions and maps, and always matches the dynamic coins/funds address. However editing this one directly does nothing.
Can someone make a CE table with a script that searches for and edits the value of the real money address by reading the persistent one? Perhaps lock the value at just 5000.
What I'm seeing with my newb perspective... hope this helps:
"Real" (temporary yet editable) address:
47BDE5D4
mov al,36
"Fake" address: (persistent, this always reads the "real" one, editing does nothing)
"OrcsMustDie2.exe+7960BC"
loop 00B960C2
"7960BC"
adc edi,edi
Edit- OH so green addresses are static. Herp, makes sense then.
I don't yet know what to do with this.
Doesn't look like a Pointer and without Debugger I can't see the offset.
Tried Debugger on the static address also.
Game CTD the instant either address changes. "Nope!"