Skip to content

Earn to Die 2012

-migrated-

This discussion is linked to Earn to Die 2012. View game

5 posts

Earn to Die 2012

Posted Nov 22, 2012 2:56 pm

http://www.kongregate.com/games/ToffeeGames/earn-to-die-2012

Out of fuel? I don't know what that means!
d0 66 b8 0d 24 00 0e 03 02 00
02 02 02 02 02 02 02 02 02 02

Out of boost? Not me!
29 d0 66 d4 0b 24 00 af
02 02 02 02 02 02 02 02

(* the boost must be equipped)

Out of ammo? Liar!
29 d0 66 f9 0b 24 00 af
02 02 02 02 02 02 02 02

(* the gun must be equipped)

Pay me to upgrade.
62 05 62 05 66 dc 06 62 07 a1
62 05 62 05 66 dc 06 62 07 a0

(* doesn't work for buying extra bullets, fuel or boost, but who needs extra?)

Pay me to take your car.
d2 d2 66 dc 06 d3 a1
d2 d2 66 dc 06 d3 a0

(** you must already have the upgrade's/car's price)

Edit:
The game got updated. The new version is encrypted and although I managed to decrypt it using SWF Decrypt, it seem that I can't find the byte arrays I want to change in memory. Until I learn more about SWF encryption, I'm unable to update the aob's, sorry guys (broken image removed).

Edit2:
One aob update (I'm lazy Sundays):

Out of fuel? So what?
d0 66 bc 0d 24 00 0e 00 02 00
02 02 02 02 02 02 02 02 02 02

Thank you, kolonelkadat, for the hints. Your second method worked like a charm (broken image removed).

Re: Earn to Die 2012

Posted Nov 28, 2012 6:09 pm
The game got updated. The new version is encrypted and although I managed to decrypt it using SWF Decrypt, it seem that I can't find the byte arrays I want to change in memory. Until I learn more about SWF encryption, I'm unable to update the aob's, sorry guys (broken image removed).


swf decrypt changes the constant pool for whatever reason so variable references in the outputfile do not match variable references in the input file. to solve this conundrum there are two simple solutions.

take a larger aob and replace all the variable references with wildcards
or my preferred method
open the modified file and the original file. use the modified to find what you want to change, then get the bytes from the original. as long as you stay in hex mode, sothink generally wont crash out.

I use this AoB tool to make all the AoBs I post. Try the online version if you dont feel like downloading it.
"Obviously, windows are central to Windows. They are so important that they named the operating system after them. But what is a window?"

Re: Earn to Die 2012

Posted Nov 29, 2012 5:30 pm

If its of interest, Number of Days appears to be 4b*1 as well.  The address seems to be just 16 above money... for me, its the difference of 02ADD134 (money) and 02ADD144 (days).  Might help keep people under the radar.