Skip to content

CheatEngine - Windows 8?

7 posts

CheatEngine - Windows 8?

Posted Jun 15, 2013 2:10 pm

Hey,
I have a problem with Cheat Engine on my new laptop with windows 8. First tried version 6.2, now 6.3.

I can't find an gameaddress in flashgames (using FF or IE - no addons). I tried different games with different types of values.
First scan works (probably all wrong), but I never find an address with the second scan. In every single game...
It's like I don't have access to the addresses of the game...

Can someone help me? Is it because of windows 8?

[Sorry for bad english].

RE: CheatEngine - Windows 8?

Posted Jun 15, 2013 4:03 pm

What browser are you using?

Flash .sol locations
Chrome: \AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Pepper Data\Shockwave Flash\WritableRoot\#SharedObjects\
Normal: \AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects

RE: CheatEngine - Windows 8?

Posted Jun 15, 2013 9:32 pm

When using Firefox you must attach CE to plugincontainer.exe. Are you doing that or just attaching it to firefox.exe?

RE: CheatEngine - Windows 8?

Posted Jun 15, 2013 11:36 pm
whatever Posted on: 06/15/2013 11:32pm

When using Firefox you must attach CE to plugincontainer.exe. Are you doing that or just attaching it to firefox.exe?



I used firefox.exe before. But it still does not work with plugin-container.exe.
(btw: Speedhack also does not work.)

RE: CheatEngine - Windows 8?

Posted Jun 15, 2013 11:46 pm

if its new firefox you need to target
flashplayerplugin

I use this AoB tool to make all the AoBs I post. Try the online version if you dont feel like downloading it.
"Obviously, windows are central to Windows. They are so important that they named the operating system after them. But what is a window?"