I don't want this to sound like I'm trying to down anyone or anything, but I'm wondering, why can't KBH work for games that are server sided like that shitty swords and potions game. I don't understand why KBH doesn't work for it after all kongregate is still getting the 'you've done it' info.
Can someone explain this to me in laymen terms.
mmo's like that communicate server to server. unless they get that info from that specific server, it will be ignored. kbh only works on games where they dont use server to server communication
Addendum from kadat: Just so no one has to ask "why not simply spoof the server credetials?"
In the case of kongregates server to server statistics handler, there is a special 'password' that is needed. This password is known only to kongregate and the developer. The only way to get this password would be a direct assault on either kongregate or the developer, either of which could land you in jail for as many as 80 years here in the US. Even if you were to ignore the legal ramifications, the task of automating such an attack is insurmountably infeasible.