Sounds good to me. Now we just need to think of the new value for the hack submission and we're good for it I believe.
Since people will now get points for the hacks, then reducing the amount of points that you can get from the hacks sounds logical. In case a hack hasn't earned a single vote then how much points would it be worth?
I was thinking of something of about 150 points as a set value for hack submition. Now we could have three scenarios I think:
A)The hack has achieved 150 points (6 votes) and therefore he could earn a bonus for submitting the hack. (How about 75 points on this case? Since the person has not got enough points for it) This would total 225 points, which isn't that much but it's good enough no? Or we could make it so that the person also gets the full 150 points for submitting the hack (300 points in total) and the hack would be considered as "safe" for it to continue living.
B) The hack has not enough votes for that in a week, be it not even a single one or enough for it to complete 150 points, then it could "auto-complete" to 150, in case the hack has earn at least 1 vote? (Though I think 1 is still not really enough for it to be marked as "valid hack", I guess 3 would be better?) In this scenario then the hack could be marked for review and once the staff has marked it as "valid hack" then the person could be awarded the 150 points.
C)The hasn't scored a single vote in 7 days and someone has to review it. The hack is considered "valid" and is therefore worth the 150 points. The staff who marks the hack as valid is then awarded points for doing his work as a "hack moderator" (100 points or something around that value as TIM suggested).
D) The hack hasn't earned a single vote in 7 days and is reviewed by a staff as a not valid hack. The reason for this could be that there's already another hack for this, the hack doesn't work, the hack has been stolen from other place, etc. The hack is then marked as "not valid" or w/e, the hack is still in the database but it won't show for others, that is, if the hack doesn't work, so that the said person can fix his hack. If the hack is not valid not because it's outdated but because it's been stolen, submitting the same hack that another person has submitted (but not if it's a hack that does the samething but through another means, which I think would make the hack valid nonetheless(?)), a hack that has never worked and probably never will, then the person could either get a warning or banned depending on the severity of the charge.
Well, that's some of the scenarions that I could think of, but I think those illustrate the cases that would be possible under this system. The only thing that isn't portrayed in this system, and consequently in any of the scenarios that I've described, would be if the person is submitting value hacks one after the another, for the same game, meaning, the person is spamming hacks. In this case, I think TIM would be more than agree that this person should be banned right? (Or if you're feeling nice and it could be the first, and only, case that the person does this, be warned or something of the like.)
No number of hacks, good or bad, can replace Common Sense.
If you don't know how to use a hack, don't complain about them. Ask first, then complain.
In case you'd like me to update one of my hacks, please PM me, I'll bother updating them...
We don't bitetoo much.
In case you're lost, make sure you check both "101" and the "Konghack Wiki".
