Skip to content

ROM hacking

3 posts

ROM hacking

Posted Dec 26, 2013 7:33 am

Have you guys ever heard of it? Do you enjoy it? Have an interest in it? What do you know about it?
 

RE: ROM hacking

Posted Dec 26, 2013 8:43 am

There are all kinds of ROMs, it would be nice to explain what you mean.

Is it about console games? Although the last few console generations have moved to CD/online/etc. media, you can find thousands of hacked games for older consoles. Check the GoodNES set for example.

Do you want to hack the BIOS of your PC? Or the ROM of your network card? Or your video card? See http://www.rom.by/ (mostly in russian), gPXE, PLOP boot manager, the collection at TechPowerUP ...

Want to hack your smartphone? The forums at xda-developers.com are a good start.

Or did you meant the Rise of Mythos game? Tell me if you find anything on that. Even a way to make faster or disable some UI animations would be useful (like the reputation count after a battle).


[EDIT] Heh, maybe it's about a game after all, seeing where this is posted... Jumped here straight from the sidebar on the main page, so didn't notice until i replied... anyways, feel free to use (or not) my off-topic cheeky

I have gone to find myself. If I return before I get back, please hold me here until I arrive.

RE: ROM hacking

Posted Dec 26, 2013 9:09 pm
Creamy Posted on: 12/26/2013 3:43am

There are all kinds of ROMs, it would be nice to explain what you mean.

Is it about console games? Although the last few console generations have moved to CD/online/etc. media, you can find thousands of hacked games for older consoles. Check the GoodNES set for example.

-snip-


I mean hacking ROMS to make your own game with the base game, the two most popular ones, because of the easiness of it are Super Mario World and Super Mario 64. This could techniquely apply to any kind of ROM, I was just asking in general though