Skip to content
[Request]

Gems of War [Steam]

This discussion is linked to Gems of War. View game

170 posts

RE: Gems of War [Steam]

Posted Sep 30, 2016 12:32 pm

After messing around, i managed to get in the (Permanent) negative Billions of gold.
If you don't have gold you can't play stages.

What an interesting way of thrashing an account.

RE: Gems of War [Steam]

Posted Sep 30, 2016 11:05 pm

what did you do then to gett all those golds`?  

atm only the AI Doesnt move is the only thing that works.. :/ 
uppdate please

RE: Gems of War [Steam]

Posted Oct 1, 2016 9:51 am

i dont think the ai doesnt move works
i apply it when loading screen about to fight pvp. the enemy still moves

RE: Gems of War [Steam]

Posted Oct 1, 2016 3:28 pm

even if it works you're applying at wrong time. You should apply hacks while the game loads if not specified otherwise. I mean when the actual game loads as in you see the main menu or the loading bar is almost full. If you go too fast you can simply reapply till they work. If you are too slow the hack might apply but not work. 

To put it simply hacks should be applied before you let the game interact with any of the mechanics that the hack is supposed to alter. Given this bit of info it's clear that applying it at the loading screen of a fight will not work

RE: Gems of War [Steam]

Posted Oct 2, 2016 6:36 am

yeah but thats the only one that seams to work atm, and ive used those cheats for a month :) thanks btw
 

RE: Gems of War [Steam]

Posted Oct 6, 2016 7:54 pm
Firecage Posted on: 12/20/2014 3:27am

Are there currently any working hacks for Gems of War? It's a game on steam.


Trainer AI doesnt move

  14 12/20/2014
Trainer faster fuse animation 5 02/27/2016
Faster TreasureHunt 0 08/13/2016
TreasureHunt BetterGems 0 09/09/2016
       
       
       
       
       
       

These are the ones that have been working for me

RE: Gems of War [Steam]

Posted Oct 26, 2016 1:20 pm

I think today's game patch made most of them unable to work, an update would be kindly appreciated. (edit: AI doesn't move still applies, the treasure hunt ones fail)

RE: Gems of War [Steam]

Posted Oct 28, 2016 2:25 am

So, I dug a little into the topic. I just started out very recently and enjoyed some hints from Zenwaichi (props to him)

Anyways what I came up with so far isn't the most exciting stuff, yet it helps me making the grind a little less frustrating.
It's all a little sloppy so feel free to work around it and share information. I will constantly try to work on it aswell.

First off, I picked up nooblers idea to enhance the granted rewards after battle.
The AoB as of now looks like follows:

00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 64 00 00 00 28 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 00 ?? ?? ?? ??

The first marked spot contains the Souls, the second contains Maps. Anyways, changing it like the following

28 00 00 00 00 00 00 09 00 00 00 00 64 00 00 00 28 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 00 ?? ?? ?? ??

Will display but not actually grant the rewards unfortunately.  To work around that I tried changing the amount of gain per souls. That didn't quite work out as planned. Instead of having a set value to increase it will actually multiply in a 2x growth. Meaning each time you get souls, you'll get more. To have an example, I used Valkyrie and each time i got more souls.. first 2, then 4, 8, 16 etc.
To do that I searched the amount of souls, checking what writes onto them (f6) and auto assemble it so it would look like "add [EDI+xxxxxxx],ebx" instead of "mov [EDI+xxxxxxxx],ebx". It actually does stay aslong as the game is running! so no need to redo that every match.

Secondly, to make this more useful you can actually NOP the mana cost for skills. Just search for the Mana you have, once you got the address look what writes onto it When using a spell. You could either just replace it with a code that does nothing in assembly or just press "Replace" in the debugger window. That infinite spam is rather funny LMAO.

And last but not least

You can still freeze Treasure Hunt turns rather easily. Just look for the Address and freeze it - once I got some Maps i will post an AoB for easy usage.. :)

As I said i just dug into all this stuff a day ago so feel free to work around it, share information and such

Greetings, Illua.

 

RE: Gems of War [Steam]

Posted Oct 30, 2016 9:00 am

Thank you Illua, both worked just fine!

Regarding treasure hunt, I've been using a similar method (rather than freezing the counter, I would just increase it manually, as the game has a vault detection of sorts that kicks in when there's too many on the screen - turns them from regular reward to 1 gold. For anyone curious, the value is stored as double).

Personally, I'm really new at cheat engine, so I'm not really good at identifying/replacing AOB's without detailed instructions. For example, if you check the currently existing hacks, Raust uploaded a "better treasure maps" AOB that changed every tile to only chests (basic, green, red and vaults), which made it really convenient.
I would imagine the new update that added the gold/soul/map bar at the top jumbled the memory values and thus rendered the AOB unuseable.

Unfortunately, Raust hasn't been around for a few weeks, so if you could give it a look, and see if anything can be made on that AOB's foundation, it would be greatly appreciated! Meanwhile, I'll try to brush on my individual skills as well.

Cheers!

RE: Gems of War [Steam]

Posted Oct 30, 2016 6:01 pm

I really do want to do that. But to be completely honest I have no Idea on how to work around hidden entries like that. I thought about decompiling the sfw earlier but couldn't seem to find anything. Thenewcomer actually hinted that the game might preload .swf's and I had to sniff the right one with a tool like wireshark, yet I remain not able to do that properly.

How can I actually see the AoB's used in the trainer? That would definitely help finding what I look for.

And still I don't know how to actually change the gain of souls properly. As I already mentioned my sloppy method is a 2xgrowth - I don't quite comprehend the maths behind the registers and opcodes quite yet. I do plan to replace that with a static Value like +40 on Skill usage though.

Greetings, Illua.