Skip to content

Contraption Maker

The Incredible Machine, but different!

7 posts

Contraption Maker

Posted Feb 20, 2015 8:07 pm

Any of you comrades ever heard of this game? It's on Steam; http://store.steampowered.com/app/241240/ for 15 euros.

It's exactly like The Incredible Machine, a bunch of crazy puzzles that you must solve using your...Well, I think it's called brain. Yeah, that must be it.

It's very fun and relaxing, take your time making some stuff...

OR GET EXTREMELY MAD LIKE ME TRYING TO SOLVE A TEDIOUS PUZZLE!

Hating the Soviet Union since 1924.

RE: Contraption Maker

Posted Feb 20, 2015 9:39 pm

I've always wanted a game like this.. I want to give this one a shot. Thanks for the post my man. Is "The Incredible Machine" the pre-quel to this? I don't know why I haven't found this sooner. Hope it's 100% sandbox, it'll keep me entertained for a while.

One night in Bangkok and the world's your oyster. The bars are temples but the pearls ain't free.

RE: Contraption Maker

Posted Feb 21, 2015 7:41 am

Yeah, KongregateHack is right, Contraption Maker is made by some, or most or even all guys who were working on The Incredible Machine. You can see a lot of similarities, but the thing is, all these "Puzzle Machine" games got a lot of similarities so, doesn't really matter. The GOG Mega Pack is worth it, although it doesn't have TIM2.

Hating the Soviet Union since 1924.

RE: Contraption Maker

Posted Feb 22, 2015 10:14 pm
KongregateHack Posted on: 02/21/2015 12:54pm
Stalin15 Posted on: 02/21/2015 2:41am

The GOG Mega Pack is worth it, although it doesn't have TIM2.

TIM 3 apparently has all the levels from TIM 2. Not sure if the music or anything important is different though.
 


Yep, TIM3 is pretty much a Win98 version of the DOS TIM2, but I thought it would be nice to have TIM2 as a collection, for other kind of people that is not me that is.

I heard that the music in TIM2 is the same as in TIM3, except TIM3 had "Digital" version on CD, while Return of TIM has SOME new ones.

Hating the Soviet Union since 1924.