High ping
Okay so, I play a bunch of games that don't really require low ping, such as Team Fortress 2 and all, but then there are some that do require it. For example, "Chivalry", "Pirates, Vikings & Knights II" and "Counter-Strike Source" (I think so though, I admit that I don't really play that one much anyway).
I should say first that my location is "Spain, Nueva Andalucia", I hope that's enough since I don't want no Konghack spy on my moustachio. The ISPs in Spain are not much, the most popular is Movistar, then Vodafone and then Orange. There are some not-so-popular ones like Yoigo and Ono (I think Euskanel as well but I dunno if that's the right name).
Back then, I had contracted for "Ya.Com", that company is now kind of dead since it belongs to Orange now. Orange has some little companies inside such as Amena and Jazztel. Why I tell you this? My router, while I'm with Movistar as ISP now, still belongs to Ya.com.
Should I actually get a Movistar router or it won't really mean shit to my old Ya.com router?
One of my friends told me about Amena, this guy tells me that he pays for 1MB internet for just 5 euros monthly. I don't get it, did he actually mean that he pays 1Mb of internet for 5 euros monthly? If so, isn't that such a weak internet connection? Well, I've checked both Movistar and Amena, Amena makes me pay 30 euros monthly for a "4G" Internet, the hell is that? Movistar makes me pay the same amount of euros, BUT NO TAXES and it's a fiber.
Anyway, I think it is better to tell you that I'm looking for a better ISP, but I don't think much of you guys can help me out since I'm in Spain and not any parts of America. So, I'm actually finding information about "ping optimization". Is there any way I can help up my ping without relying on getting another ISP? Should I contact my ISP about it? Should I get a different and new router?
If you wanna know how my ping really works, well, I get 70 ping min and 99 max when I'm on a Spanish server. On other places, it depends, but mostly 85 min and 106 max. You'd think this isn't much, you're right, but for games like Chivalry? I wanna play Chivalry yet I don't get even 50 ping on Spanish servers, you know how much that sucks for a melee oriented game? Yep, that's why I'm looking for help.
On a side note, my upload rate is 0.66Mbps. Yes, I am sure iti s Mbps, I tried it on SpeedTest.net, can even make a picture if you want. Is there any way I can improve it? How much upload rate should be optimal for at least 12 or 18 players on a server?
Hating the Soviet Union since 1924.
