... A problem resolved?
Earlier today, the site was redirecting to meatspin... Any particular reason why?
Redirected from the site
15 posts
Earlier today, the site was redirecting to meatspin... Any particular reason why?
Is it so much a problem but an opportunity to reflect on the cyclical nature of life, reproduction and then death. As we are all chained together throughout the spiraling wheel of time?
even i would like to know `` was it a maintanence or a prank ? or something else ?
it was a server bug as far as i know. it really wasnt supposed to happen, sorry guys and gals.
on the plus side, now you know what it feels like if you get a level 4 ban. so try not to get banned :P
|
|
Because I'm completely strapped for time (nearly 6 hours trying to get chat working with 0 fucking success)...
I'm goanna make that huge so it won't be missed.
Everything's coming up KongHack!
"When you know nothing matters, the universe is yours" ~Rick Sanchez
*phew*
I really thought someone was hacking the server...
*hugs everyone* :D
I thought konghack got DDoS'ed.... Then reflected on what an irony that would be and laughed my ass off. ![]()
HAH, talk about one asshole ruining it for the rest. Still sucks, glad it's back running.
Don't waste too much time reading this.
Horray! :D







~zombies eat brains, so don't worry most of u will be fine~
HAH, talk about one asshole ruining it for the rest. Still sucks, glad it's back running.
and that is exactly why we tell people not to use proxies or vpn's. one asshole is almost guaranteed to ruin it and then you catch the ban like aids.
|
|
Shit happens.
Hating the Soviet Union since 1924.
On account of what happened yesterday, I believe that the signing-up process should be made more stringent i.e. actually check the validity of the email address a new user types in. Surely TIM have the awesome skills required to incorporate that into the signing-up form? A more stringent process might also discourage trolls from easily signing up and ruining the forum for everybody.
and that is exactly why we tell people not to use proxies or vpn's. one asshole is almost guaranteed to ruin it and then you catch the ban like aids.
I can't help it if I'm from Singapore, where the ISPs use dynamic proxies to randomly assign IP addresses to users whenever they connect to the Internet. Singapore users might be safe for now, but it is only a matter of time until the inevitable happens.
On a side note, a big thanks for fixing the issue TIM! For a moment I thought I was caught up in the crossfire and slapped hard (with a ban).
On account of what happened yesterday, I believe that the signing-up process should be made more stringent i.e. actually check the validity of the email address a new user types in. Surely TIM have the awesome skills required to incorporate that into the signing-up form? A more stringent process might also discourage trolls from easily signing up and ruining the forum for everybody.
Wow, you missed it man. The sign up process is extremely stringent. If you try to create a new account and enter an invalid email address, it BANS YOU IMMEDIATELY. In other words, you're very wrong in your assumption. We're an extremely complex beast, so it's always best not to assume you know how the site functions. There's so many functions and what have you buried around here I sometimes forget about them just to discover later. :P
Everything's coming up KongHack!
"When you know nothing matters, the universe is yours" ~Rick Sanchez
it does. thats why everyone ended up banned lol.
but yeah, it sucks that singapore has that issue. hopefully the switch to ipv6 will happen soon and then you wont have to worry
|
|
***Discipline Master dishing out harsh words of wisdom***
TIM, thanks for enlightening me on the inner workings of KongHack. I am not so much a programming person, but I learnt a lot from that lesson. I was just thinking of the system Kongregate uses for signing up new members: At the point of typing in an email address, the system scans its validity and prevents the process from being complete if it does not exist. (That is, no new account is created until everything is in place)
Also thanks TNC for that reassurance. This site is one of my favourite with its excellent community and I hope to contribute in whatever way I can.