Web Chat
Here's the situation with the web chat.
Previously, the web chat ran from a server at my house. When I shut down our liquid web server, something happened and no one could connect to my at home chat server anymore. The at-home chat server ran on chat.gcworldind.com and used a free startssl SSL Cert. This had been operational for a very long time and functioned perfectly.
Once that broke, for whatever unknown reason that may be, I fired up a new server at our new hosting provider and installed ejabberd. The server itself is functioning properly. It's running on chat.konghack.com. We have a full Wildcard SSL Cert, which I've installed into the server. ejabberd uses a fucked up PEM file for SSL. This PEM file is our cert, our private key, and an "intermediate ca" cert. I've added all 3 to our pem and rebooted the server. Apparently it's still not functioning correctly. I've tried every cert labled as an intermediary cert in the godaddy cert repository. No fucking luck.
I've wasted a fuck load of time on this and still can't get it working. It is a SSL cert issue. I don't want to hear any other bullshit about COR, http-bind, etc. It took me a few hours to get SSL working on the old server, and as soon as I got it working, BAM, we were in. When connecting from PSI, guess what? SSL issue.
I'm giving up and moving on for now. I have 2 kids to take care of and thousands of little fires that need to be put out. If you want to chat with us, go download a client and connect in.
You can find the connection info by going to UCP > Chat Info, or using this link directly: https://konghack.com/ucp/xmpp
Good luck.
Everything's coming up KongHack!
"When you know nothing matters, the universe is yours" ~Rick Sanchez