Eh. Trident/m1000 are 'better' than the alternatives. But they ARE overrated.
If you are a hacker, their greater dps is a moot point. I can kill a sav necro in a negligible amount of time with a z-armtech starter gun, and that isn't even with direct damage hacks (i.e. i am not altering the actual damage values of the gun, I am just making use of other hax found in the ultra trainer).
So... if you can instakill a boss enemy with a starter gun, the DPS of the trident/m1000 is irrelevant, plus having those seems to be a good way to get MP banned. I'd rather use a more fun gun like a jagdfaust, or a black proposition (stick the 5x rps hack on it and its easily a match for m1000).
As for actually using legit, well I think I can speak for that too. I won't disclose my NK identity, because I am not that stupid. But I do have more than 1 legit level 100, and I do have a 12**** max cored black gun (not specifying gun, as it might give me away to anyone who recognises that as my main gun) on an assault with all the good damage buffing skills.
Yeah, the (legit) heavy with the max cored m1000 has a bit more DPS than me, (and he doesn't have as much lag as me either, so it favors him with m1000 in apoc where I observed him). But otherwise the championship guns don't have much over the other top guns.
I may actually go for m1000 legit (yeah, im one of the ppl who can actually get a top rank in champs without hacking or dreaming) IF the dumb admins can sort out the system so it is not unfair in terms of timezone. But my final word on those guns is this:
If you think trident/m1000 are 'omaigoshsoOPihavetohavethisitssoepic' levels of good, then you are a noob at actually playing SAS 4.