Skip to content
Sticky

[Sticky] Bytecode tutorial

-migrated-

47 posts

Re: [Sticky] Bytecode tutorial

Posted Apr 23, 2011 4:38 am

First of all, why do you have two accounts? Please, pick one and use only that one.
Second, I told you many times in chat to look for Yogda, which allows you to look at the Constant Pool.
Third, if you look at Lithergy's post, right above your post, what do you see? ZOMG, Yogda!

Re: [Sticky] Bytecode tutorial

Posted Apr 23, 2011 12:28 pm

Alright, I'll stick with this one.

And yes, I already downloaded Yogda a while ago, but it doesn't show me what I'm looking for (e.g. where the doubles are stored in the constant pool, for instance), unless I am missing something somewhere.

Re: [Sticky] Bytecode tutorial

Posted Apr 23, 2011 3:24 pm

I'm pretty sure doubles aren't stored in the constant pool, just like the rest of the numbers

Re: [Sticky] Bytecode tutorial

Posted Apr 23, 2011 3:27 pm

It doesn't explain then how we have cases where we have pushdouble (2f) followed by a single byte representing a rather precise decimal value. It's definitely stored somewhere, and I am guessing it's the constant pool.

Re: [Sticky] Bytecode tutorial

Posted Apr 23, 2011 4:15 pm

correct-ish, the command is 2f index, where index is a u30 that must be an index into the double constant pool. The double value at index in the double constant pool is pushed onto the stack.

I use this AoB tool to make all the AoBs I post. Try the online version if you dont feel like downloading it.
"Obviously, windows are central to Windows. They are so important that they named the operating system after them. But what is a window?"

Re: [Sticky] Bytecode tutorial

Posted Apr 24, 2011 2:53 pm
Quote from: "iamnoman1"
It doesn't explain then how we have cases where we have pushdouble (2f) followed by a single byte representing a rather precise decimal value. It's definitely stored somewhere, and I am guessing it's the constant pool.
Quote from: "Vexenos"
1. I used this download link for the program. You need java to be able to open the .jar file.

This program shows you constant pool very clearly. Open file with it then Edit --> doABC --> cpool_info and there you have it. Its a demo version but i dont know what limitations it have. I only use it to check cpool.

Re: [Sticky] Bytecode tutorial

Posted Jun 10, 2011 3:11 pm
Quote from: "rohanshah1"
i have a hard time finding the file with all the arrays in it =x any tips?

The file you use is the game swf file.

Re: [Sticky] Bytecode tutorial

Posted Jun 10, 2011 4:49 pm
Quote from: "VxD"
Quote from: "rohanshah1"
i have a hard time finding the file with all the arrays in it =x any tips?
The file you use is the game swf file.

dude i tried i am trying to find bytes for epic war 4 i looked through every file in game folder but nothing in there looks like arrays =x
also there is not solo file of game like you had on video

Re: [Sticky] Bytecode tutorial

Posted Jun 10, 2011 4:58 pm
Quote from: "rohanshah1"
Quote from: "VxD"
Quote from: "rohanshah1"
i have a hard time finding the file with all the arrays in it =x any tips?
The file you use is the game swf file.
dude i tried i am trying to find bytes for epic war 4 i looked through every file in game folder but nothing in there looks like arrays =x
also there is not solo file of game like you had on video


Go to the Search Tab and search the function you want in Search Raw Data, and click Search All AS

Re: [Sticky] Bytecode tutorial

Posted Jun 10, 2011 5:09 pm
Quote from: "VxD"
Quote from: "rohanshah1"
Quote from: "VxD"
Quote from: "rohanshah1"
i have a hard time finding the file with all the arrays in it =x any tips?
The file you use is the game swf file.
dude i tried i am trying to find bytes for epic war 4 i looked through every file in game folder but nothing in there looks like arrays =x
also there is not solo file of game like you had on video




found it!... sorry to bother and annoy u =x

Re: [Sticky] Bytecode tutorial

Posted Aug 15, 2011 3:15 pm

Can a game be protected from array of byte hack :S
i am trying it on a game but the result is same. I am even editing everything doesnt bring any change in game