Skip to content

Steambirds(Request)

-migrated-

This discussion is linked to SteamBirds. View game

116 posts

Re: Steambirds(Request)

Posted Mar 19, 2010 3:09 am

I'm sorry, but I believe the code's obfuscated, 'cause I can't read squat. No AoB's from me this time...

Re: Steambirds(Request)

Posted Mar 19, 2010 3:13 am
Quote from: "whatever"
I'm sorry, but I believe the code's obfuscated, 'cause I can't read squat. No AoB's from me this time...

I remember derek telling me about ASV, which could read obfuscated code.
Link- http://www.buraks.com/asv/

Re: Steambirds(Request)

Posted Mar 19, 2010 3:37 am
Quote from: "Spellcater4"
Quote from: "whatever"
I'm sorry, but I believe the code's obfuscated, 'cause I can't read squat. No AoB's from me this time...
I remember derek telling me about ASV, which could read obfuscated code.
Link- http://www.buraks.com/asv/


Wow, I can't find it anywhere. They have a demo on the site, but it's for version 3.0(and it seems to suck)

Re: Steambirds(Request)

Posted Mar 19, 2010 9:08 pm

I like this game.. though, to be honest, im horrible at it lol

Re: Steambirds(Request)

Posted Mar 20, 2010 12:04 am
Quote from: "ChaoMing"
So... use Mr.White's SWF dumper to unobfiscu- you know what I mean...
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1354


Just tried that. It helped a bit, but I still can't read half the code. I get a bunch of null stuff, like this:

Code: [Select]

var _loc_3:* = null * (((null >>> (false as _loc_2)) + 1) / null) >= null;
I'll see if there's anything readable to try something.

Re: Steambirds(Request)

Posted Mar 20, 2010 2:12 am
Quote from: "whatever"
Quote from: "ChaoMing"
So... use Mr.White's SWF dumper to unobfiscu- you know what I mean...
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1354

Just tried that. It helped a bit, but I still can't read half the code. I get a bunch of null stuff, like this:
Code: [Select]
var _loc_3:* = null * (((null >>> (false as _loc_2)) + 1) / null) >= null;
I'll see if there's anything readable to try something.

Eh, in time, we'll be able to read anything without the use of brute force (broken image removed)

Re: Steambirds(Request)

Posted Mar 20, 2010 11:19 am

All stars/ Max rank
02 00 14 87 -> 02 00 14 00

This appears to work, but since there's no API I can't check/can't be bothered to check more thoroughly.

SOL Folder: chat.kongregate.comgamez0074763liveSteamBirdsProject_secure.swf

Re: Steambirds(Request)

Posted Mar 20, 2010 2:22 pm

It may be a bit off-topic, but Derek, how did you manage to find that?

Re: Steambirds(Request)

Posted Mar 20, 2010 3:00 pm

Used Sothink's search function to search the entire .swf for 'star', then read through the code for something to change related to awarding them. I didn't bother decrypting/deobfuscating it, although I would've done if I couldn't find anything.

Re: Steambirds(Request)

Posted Mar 23, 2010 1:44 am

im interested in more than just stars... as i really enjoy this game, even though i suck at it lol what is the best way to deobfuscate a game like this? since apparently the one currently available, doesnt fully deobfuscate it

Re: Steambirds(Request)

Posted Mar 24, 2010 11:53 am
Quote from: "Aerelyte"
what is the best way to deobfuscate a game like this?

I don't know of any way to properly deobfuscate games like this. I usually either just read through the bytecode and try and find stuff or try using a different decompiler (ASV seems to be able to decompile some parts better than Sothink)

Unlimited Abilities
d0 d0 66 62 68 be 03 -> d0 24 00 68 be 03 02

Stop Enemies Shooting (Only seems to work for some enemies)
5e 76 25 ?? ?? 68 76 -> 5e 76 24 00 68 76 02
5e 76 24 ?? 68 76 -> 5e 76 24 00 68 76

Constant Bombs (makes everyone drop bombs, quite laggy)
27 68 83 06 -> 26 68 83 06

Edit: Updated AoBs

Re: Steambirds(Request)

Posted Mar 24, 2010 12:32 pm

I'm not finding them when searching. They can't have updated the game in minutes...right?

I've tried clearing my cache and restarting FF, but I can't find any of the 3 AOBs above.

Edit: nor the 1st one that you posted...something must have changed - for the 3 above, what values where you looking for on sothink?



Tookie

Re: Steambirds(Request)

Posted Mar 24, 2010 1:48 pm

Yeh, the game was updated :roll:

Quote from: "tookie"
for the 3 above, what values where you looking for on sothink?

The first one was specialRecharge (or something similar, I just searched for recharge), the second one was -8f and the third one was fireAngle.