Skip to content

[Req] The Necromicon

-migrated-

This discussion is linked to The Necronomicon. View game

20 posts

Re: [Req] The Necromicon

Posted Apr 5, 2010 4:57 am

Gah, I must have spelled Necronomicon whilst searching. Thanks for the help though.

Re: [Req] The Necromicon

Posted Apr 5, 2010 9:14 am
Quote from: "ChaoMing"
Uhh, use the .sol from the big .sol RAR

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=104&p=597&hilit=The+Necronomicon#p597

Or if you want to be lazy, use mine...


I dont want to sound like a massive beekeeper, but the big .sol rar doesnt contain the actual necronomicon .sol file, just the folder... additionally, even with the sol file, you still have to complete the objectives again to get the badges.

on another note, the swf has some wierd protection on it. i dumped it from memory like i usually do, but evry line of code in sothink swf is "eval(/x1"...

Re: [Req] The Necromicon

Posted Apr 5, 2010 3:48 pm
Quote from: "satanicgurrl"
Quote from: "ChaoMing"
Uhh, use the .sol from the big .sol RAR

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=104&p=597&hilit=The+Necronomicon#p597

Or if you want to be lazy, use mine...

I dont want to sound like a massive beekeeper, but the big .sol rar doesnt contain the actual necronomicon .sol file, just the folder... additionally, even with the sol file, you still have to complete the objectives again to get the badges.

on another note, the swf has some wierd protection on it. i dumped it from memory like i usually do, but evry line of code in sothink swf is "eval(/x1"...

Which means it has some pretty good encryption on it. Chances are there'll be no AoBs for this, unless someone finds a loophole like praetor and Derek always do (broken image removed)

Re: [Req] The Necromicon

Posted Apr 5, 2010 3:59 pm
Quote from: "ChaoMing"
Which means it has some pretty good encryption on it. Chances are there'll be no AoBs for this, unless someone finds a loophole like praetor and Derek always do (broken image removed)


Try to decrypt it and scan it again with SoThinks Decompiler.

Btw. for me that program does not start (as for Flasm and other ones), so if you can get it working and decrypt the .swf, feel free to send me the decrypted .swf so I can try to find some AOB's too.

Download

or you use the attachment.

This post was imported from an account that no longer exists!
Previous Name: phreneticus

Re: [Req] The Necromicon

Posted Apr 5, 2010 5:44 pm

Get Impossible Badge
9d 02 00 1f 00 96 0e 00 07 01 00 00 00 08 -> 02 02 02 02 02 96 0e 00 07 01 00 00 00 08

Change it at the main menu and then enter the challenge screen to get the badge. I'm assuming that's what you need so I'm not posting anything else.

Re: [Req] The Necromicon

Posted Apr 5, 2010 7:24 pm

Gods this was a horrible game, I don't even remember what we did when this piece of crap came out. I think we all sol'd it though.

Check before you post, someone may have beaten you there.

Don't fear my banhammer, fear the God holding it...

Re: [Req] The Necromicon

Posted Apr 6, 2010 12:37 am
Quote from: "Maximillian"
Gods this was a horrible game, I don't even remember what we did when this piece of crap came out. I think we all sol'd it though.


A sol for the final level + all challenges complete. Badge awards for going on the challenges screen.
There was a hack for AI HP so any card would kill it.

Good times.

Re: [Req] The Necromicon

Posted Apr 8, 2010 8:10 pm

For the record, you can hack this with root variables

Your life - _level0/:vida1
Your sanity - _level0/:sanity1

vida2 and sanity2 are your opponent's values, respectively.

Re: [Req] The Necromicon

Posted Apr 8, 2010 8:14 pm
Quote from: "zhaoli"
For the record, you can hack this with root variables

Your life - _level0/:vida1
Your sanity - _level0/:sanity1

vida2 and sanity2 are your opponent's values, respectively.

I knew I beat this game easily somehow, thanks for clearing that up!

Re: [Req] The Necromicon

Posted Apr 27, 2010 4:51 pm

If someone cares: i did manage to beat the game's challenges without any help/mod or cheat  (broken image removed)

Necronomicon is probably protected using Amayeta Swf Encrypt or the one from DComSoft. Pretty much just adding junk bytecodes and fake end's bytecodes to confuse disasemblers.

Sources say its terrible easy to retrieve the original AS source however there is no open available tool for (lest i didnt found any yet)

ASV  "action script viewer"should be able to defeat the protection but its commercial and they just offer a defunct demo.
 
SWFDecrypt might be able to handle it if it were a AS3 compiled flash. (it's not)
http://www.swfdecrypt.com/

check for further reading:

http://blog.swfdecrypt.com/        (interesting to know that DComSoft and Eltima are indeed the same company)
http://www.squidoo.com/swfencrypt
http://www.woodmann.com/forum/archive/i ... 10300.html

actually i signed up to ask wheter someone has a copy of fini to share (which was used by one of those guys who initially defeated those wimpy flash polluters) or a working copy of ASV  :roll:

Re: [Req] The Necromicon

Posted Apr 27, 2010 5:02 pm

Thanks! Thats a very nice find indeed.

Actually its not helping me much however. I'm looking to fix an issue with a flash lite 3 (thats essentially Flash8 & AS2) device where it crashes within game. I just need the cleaned swf (broken image removed)