Skip to content

swfmdump - FPX version

Dump your game files from memory

23 posts

swfmdump - FPX version

Posted Mar 31, 2012 4:20 am

here's a little software I made that some bytecode hackers here might find useful to get their swf files. It is largely based on the old swfmdump from Mr. White. His was prone to crashing and only finds SWF files up to version 10 (latest version is 14 i believe) and for right now I would really like to dump the files from this game, but cant because his swfmdump crashes. (I am assuming it runs out of heap, but who knows). So F&*$ it, I made my own..


you can grab a copy from here on konghack (.NET 4 framework required)
swfmdump - force project x

principle:
Flash games need to be uncompressed and decrypted in memory, before flash can play them in your browser. So if you manage to get games directly from browser memory, you bypass zlib compression, mochicrypt encryption and stuff like that, and get a ready-to-hack file.

usage:

  • Load your flash game entirely, then open swfmdump.exe
  • Select your browser process in left list (iexplore.exe, firefox.exe, whatever)
  • Hit scan button
  • Select one or more swf files from the right list, based uppon file size (games will most likely size more than 1MB, these larger files are marked with a star)
  • Hit dump button; your files get written in the same directory as the executable
  • Reverse files in sothink decompiler or whatever tool you use







you can grab a copy from my website (.NET 4 framework required)
swfmdump - force project x

I use this AoB tool to make all the AoBs I post. Try the online version if you dont feel like downloading it.
"Obviously, windows are central to Windows. They are so important that they named the operating system after them. But what is a window?"

RE: swfmdump - FPX version

Posted Apr 13, 2012 10:24 am

If it isn't too much of a bother, could i ask for a .NET 3.5 (or older) version, please?

I have gone to find myself. If I return before I get back, please hold me here until I arrive.

RE: swfmdump - FPX version

Posted Apr 13, 2012 3:44 pm

Why would updating to 4 be an issue?

My personal reason is that my system partition already contains at least triple the amount of its physical capacity (thanks to junction links and Symantec Workspace Virtualization) and my last attempts to install .NET 4 finished in me cleaning up the mess after the "disk full" errors...

? Well, if it's too hard to make a .NET 4 program compatible with older versions, then just forget that i asked.
?

I have gone to find myself. If I return before I get back, please hold me here until I arrive.

RE: swfmdump - FPX version

Posted Apr 13, 2012 4:09 pm

If it isn't too much of a bother, could i ask for a .NET 3.5 (or older) version, please?

I'll look into it. I dont think I use anything that would prevent that. *edit* tried to set it to 3.5. far too many errors to bother with.
?

What about unity games, does this cover them too?

Not at the moment, but its somehing I would like to add. I should have unity added by the end of next week, but I may be moving, so I may not get to it.


ETA: it can now dump unity, but its a bit spotty and I'd like to work on it a bit more before releasing it. but im busy this weekend so I dunno when i can up it.

I use this AoB tool to make all the AoBs I post. Try the online version if you dont feel like downloading it.
"Obviously, windows are central to Windows. They are so important that they named the operating system after them. But what is a window?"

RE: swfmdump - FPX version

Posted Aug 31, 2012 9:08 pm

Only recently I have started downloading the flash games to play offline, and have faced only few cases that they were site locked so far.

But there is one specific game, that even with this version of swfdumper you posted, I was not able to get the game to try removing the site lock. I was able to get a copy of the game using UnPlug, but it is protected and crashes the decompiler when I handle the search.

Here is a direct link to the game I want to get locally, but was not able to get one single working version of the game with hacks.

http://www.hackedarcadegames.com/game/14223/Decision-2.html

Any idea on how to get this copy of the game in a way that it will not crash the decompiler?

RE: swfmdump - FPX version

Posted Oct 20, 2012 6:52 pm

I use google Chrome's F12 funtion to manual search for the .swf links of websites. From there I'll play it with an Adobe .SWF Player, and use Cheat Engine to hack the game.

Kongregate's games are alot harder to find the .swf for, but it's not impossible. The links are in characters instead, ex {HTTP%3f%2f%2fwww.google.com%2f}, which is as easy as puting on a shoe to 'decode' the link. Not really decoding, more of just replacing the %3f's with : and the %2f's with /.

I rather stick with my way of finding .swf files, playing them, and hacking into the game instead of downloading some .swf manager.

RE: swfmdump - FPX version

Posted May 14, 2013 3:32 pm

Excellent piece of software for those SWF files that contain binary data! Saved me a lot of time.
Many thanks!

RE: swfmdump - FPX version

Posted May 25, 2013 9:10 am

ninja update. 
added better sorting for the file list.

I use this AoB tool to make all the AoBs I post. Try the online version if you dont feel like downloading it.
"Obviously, windows are central to Windows. They are so important that they named the operating system after them. But what is a window?"

RE: swfmdump - FPX version

Posted Jul 3, 2013 6:24 pm

can you update your tool sir,..
icant get swf file from game pool tour live,.
maybe you can give me solution

RE: swfmdump - FPX version

Posted Jul 3, 2013 6:39 pm
deepth Posted on: 07/03/2013 2:24pm

can you update your tool sir,..
icant get swf file from game pool tour live,.
maybe you can give me solution



try changing the settings to find maxSWF version of 100. if that doesnt work then youre probably targeting the wrong process.

RE: swfmdump - FPX version

Posted Jul 3, 2013 6:45 pm
thenewcomer Posted on: 07/03/2013 2:39pm
deepth Posted on: 07/03/2013 2:24pm

can you update your tool sir,..
icant get swf file from game pool tour live,.
maybe you can give me solution



try changing the settings to find maxSWF version of 100. if that doesnt work then youre probably targeting the wrong process.



thank for fast answer, now i get the file.

RE: swfmdump - FPX version

Posted Jul 18, 2014 1:14 am

this will now dump unity files as well as swf files

I use this AoB tool to make all the AoBs I post. Try the online version if you dont feel like downloading it.
"Obviously, windows are central to Windows. They are so important that they named the operating system after them. But what is a window?"