Skip to content
Locked

S.H.I.E.L.D. Alert

methods of bypassing this message

23 posts

S.H.I.E.L.D. Alert

Posted Aug 15, 2015 2:53 pm

is there anyway to bypass the shield alert system? my game has been stuck in shield alert for 12 hours.................
i have tried every kinda cache clearing i can think of too.
tried different browsers.
even different computers.
nothing works for me right now, any ideas?

RE: S.H.I.E.L.D. Alert

Posted Aug 15, 2015 3:55 pm

I've heard of people having this same thing maybe 2 days ago. Some people can get in, some people can't. This Shield Alert thing lasted for 36 hours for one guy, but for most, just 24 hours.  I have a feeling it was to do with which maa?-akamaihd.net they're updating.   
 
Try going into your hosts file, and try redirecting MAA requests like this, and see what happens.

1) determine which server you're using with about:cache in the browser. Search for client.xml, and note the maa?-a.akamaihd.net in the url. 
 
in your hosts file, make one of these entries:
 
184.150.158.58 maa5-a.akamaihd.net # change maa4-a.akam...  to maa5-a.akam... 

184.150.158.75 maa4-a.akamaihd.net # change maa5-a.akam... to maa4-a.akam...

You can ping the maa?-a.akamaihd.net to determine the ip. 
 
Protip: scan/dnstools the whole range and see what other servers you might want to switch over too. (dev/testing).  This is theory on my part.



This way, if the server is your problem, you can get the game data by pointing to a different "xml server" (it's not really an xml server

 

atdt *67

RE: S.H.I.E.L.D. Alert

Posted Aug 15, 2015 5:34 pm

i was able to ping maa8 (my normal server) and maa5
i then found a walkthrough for the strategy you mentioned, so i came up with this, but it didnt seem to work:
184.25.56.42    maa8-a.akamaihd.net # redirect maa8-a.akamaihd.net[184.25.56.43] to maa5-a.akamaihd.net[184.25.56.42] 

RE: S.H.I.E.L.D. Alert

Posted Aug 15, 2015 9:59 pm

maa8-a.akamaihd.net[184.25.56.43] to
maa5-a.akamaihd.net[184.25.56.42] 

I'm not aware of any hosts file that does that.

Jsut try two or three more IPs for this line:

184.25.56.42    maa8-a.akamaihd.net # redirect

I can see you've done it properly, but if it doesn't work, you might have bad files caches (probably not happening) or life just sucks.

Try more ip addresses.  maa4 works fo me, but I show a different ip scheme for those maa5-a servers. 
 
Try more numbers

atdt *67

RE: S.H.I.E.L.D. Alert

Posted Aug 15, 2015 11:23 pm
jarly Posted on: 08/15/2015 5:59pm

maa8-a.akamaihd.net[184.25.56.43] to maa5-a.akamaihd.net[184.25.56.42] 

I'm not aware of any hosts file that does that.

Jsut try two or three more IPs for this line:

184.25.56.42    maa8-a.akamaihd.net # redirect

I can see you've done it properly, but if it doesn't work, you might have bad files caches (probably not happening) or life just sucks.

Try more ip addresses.  maa4 works fo me, but I show a different ip scheme for those maa5-a servers. 
 
Try more numbers

anything after the # is documentation, those are just notes to myself

this is what i got after pinging some other numbers:

C:\...>ping maa7-a.akamaihd.net

Pinging a494.d.akamai.net [23.59.190.106] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Reply from 23.59.190.106: bytes=32 time=42ms TTL=51
Reply from 23.59.190.106: bytes=32 time=39ms TTL=51
Reply from 23.59.190.106: bytes=32 time=51ms TTL=51

Ping statistics for 23.59.190.106:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 3, Lost = 1 (25% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 39ms, Maximum = 51ms, Average = 44ms

C:\...>ping maa3-a.akamaihd.net

Pinging a1056.d.akamai.net [23.59.190.122] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 23.59.190.122: bytes=32 time=43ms TTL=51
Reply from 23.59.190.122: bytes=32 time=44ms TTL=51
Reply from 23.59.190.122: bytes=32 time=41ms TTL=51
Reply from 23.59.190.122: bytes=32 time=45ms TTL=51

Ping statistics for 23.59.190.122:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 41ms, Maximum = 45ms, Average = 43ms

C:\...>ping maa6-a.akamaihd.net

Pinging a1565.d.akamai.net [23.59.190.137] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 23.59.190.137: bytes=32 time=43ms TTL=51
Reply from 23.59.190.137: bytes=32 time=46ms TTL=51
Reply from 23.59.190.137: bytes=32 time=43ms TTL=51
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 23.59.190.137:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 3, Lost = 1 (25% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 43ms, Maximum = 46ms, Average = 44ms


then i tried these in the hosts file:

23.59.19.122    maa8-a.akamaihd.net
23.59.190.137    maa8-a.akamaihd.net


still no good.................

EDIT:
good news, the problem (whatever it was) seems to have rectified itself on its own (i didnt do anything special, and its working again)

 

RE: S.H.I.E.L.D. Alert

Posted Aug 16, 2015 4:17 pm

now i'm also getting S.H.I.E.L.D. Alert for hours now. I'm not sure if it's just me. how do i check if there is a maintenance?

RE: S.H.I.E.L.D. Alert

Posted Aug 16, 2015 8:40 pm
lionstear Posted on: 08/16/2015 12:17pm

now i'm also getting S.H.I.E.L.D. Alert for hours now. I'm not sure if it's just me. how do i check if there is a maintenance?

usually on the forums from PD, but i dont think there is currently anything official going on. my speculation is that they deployed the series of updates involving chapter 9 to all therir servers before finding out that there were problems, but instead of fixing the problem and rolling out the fix to all the servers at the same time, they are doing it one by one. just fyi - i was down for about 24 hours before it fainally came back online.
 

RE: S.H.I.E.L.D. Alert

Posted Aug 16, 2015 11:43 pm
kirbyonwarpstar Posted on: 08/16/2015 4:40pm
lionstear Posted on: 08/16/2015 12:17pm

now i'm also getting S.H.I.E.L.D. Alert for hours now. I'm not sure if it's just me. how do i check if there is a maintenance?

usually on the forums from PD, but i dont think there is currently anything official going on. my speculation is that they deployed the series of updates involving chapter 9 to all therir servers before finding out that there were problems, but instead of fixing the problem and rolling out the fix to all the servers at the same time, they are doing it one by one. just fyi - i was down for about 24 hours before it fainally came back online.
 



aw... thanks! damn playdom, i'm going to miss one daily bonus then! been waiting for 12 hours now, i wish they also improve how they do their maintenance and also provide merits or compensation reward for something like this. oh boy, all i can do now is wait. 

RE: S.H.I.E.L.D. Alert

Posted Aug 20, 2015 6:24 pm

My Guess is:

the shield alert is some kind of cheater detection.
i got this crap now the second time.the first time it lasted 24 hours.so i will probably loose another full day.means i cant collect gifts or allies,no pvp,cant send heroes to train,no daily or pvp roulette and i wont be able to play and gain xp.sucks pretty much.

and everytime i got the shield alert crap,i had leathax running.i dunno if that is a coincidence.i also use the aoe hack frequently,but only in pve.
 

RE: S.H.I.E.L.D. Alert

Posted Aug 20, 2015 8:51 pm
sicherheit Posted on: 08/20/2015 2:24pm

My Guess is:

the shield alert is some kind of cheater detection.
i got this crap now the second time.the first time it lasted 24 hours.so i will probably loose another full day.means i cant collect gifts or allies,no pvp,cant send heroes to train,no daily or pvp roulette and i wont be able to play and gain xp.sucks pretty much.

and everytime i got the shield alert crap,i had leathax running.i dunno if that is a coincidence.i also use the aoe hack frequently,but only in pve.
 

i have it again too, btw.
i have put in a support ticket, but no answer yet.
its not just us tho, there are like another 100 peeps screaming about it on todays QS post on thier page.
 

RE: S.H.I.E.L.D. Alert

Posted Aug 21, 2015 1:00 am

Seems pretty random. One of my accounts can't log on at all because of shield alerts, while all other accounts have no problem getting on.

RE: S.H.I.E.L.D. Alert

Posted Aug 21, 2015 1:18 am

its nice to know that it isnt just me!

This topic is locked.